Day 242 - Friday

I want to answer two questions in this:

1) Why am I doing this, even if it's only one word a day?

And

2) Why am I reflecting on this on Day 242, of all days?

Well, the latter is easier to explain, so I'll start with that. It's because I want to. I wish it was because 242 is a palindrome, which is kind of like a reflection, or some shit like that, but honestly, it's just because every once in a while it's good to look back on your past.

In terms of why I do this, it's complicated. Honestly, the reason has changed since I started this. Originally, it was a last ditch effort to keep myself on Wattpad, since I was locked out of my original account and my favorite story on this app had grinded to a halt. Around that time, before, or after it, several of my friends on this app also went into hiatuses or deleted this app (I entirely know and respect why they did this, btw. Not trying to guilt trip anyone.). 

Pretty soon, at least in this corner of Wattpad I use, practically everything was dead. Yet I kept on writing these little blurbs, arrogantly hoping that something would change. Yet nothing did. Maybe it will in the future, but this Journal went from trying to pull people (including myself) back in to Wattpad, to throwing a syllable or two a day into a vast void so one or two people could spend 5 seconds of their lives daily reading these.

I'm not stopping the Journal. I just don't consider this an anchor to chain myself to Wattpad anymore. I consider it an anchor to the past. It hasn't even been a year since I started this, yet in the time, stuff has happened. And stuff will keep happening. And sometimes it's easier to look back and look forward when you have something constant holding it all together.

Oh, who am I kidding? I'm just addicted to a satisfying resolution. I won't stop until Day 1000 or something like that.