I. TRICK OR TREAT

BURY A FRIEND | CHAPTER ONE' TRICK OR TREAT '

' TRICK OR TREAT '

THERE WAS NOTHING THAT SUNNY LOVED MORE THAN HALLOWEEN. every year he dressed up to the ten and went trick-or-treating with robin. it was tradition at this point, seeing as they were never invited to carol perkins' or steve harrington's halloween parties. not that they gave a shit really, he'd rather move from house to house for candy than end up passed out drunk on a stranger's front lawn.

which is why he's upset when robin slams a bright orange sheet of paper on his empty desk.

COME AND GET SHEET FACED, it read.

"what is this?" he questions with a petulant pout, already knowing damn well what it was. "tina invited me." robin blurts out, and sunny watches as she twists the ring on her index finger over and over again. when she catches him staring she simply wrings her hands before sliding them into the pockets of her corduroy jeans.

"since when do you speak to tina for her to personally invite you to her halloween bash?" a faint blush rises on her freckled cheeks, but she remains adamant. "she didn't personally invite me dumbass. she was handing them out and she happened to give me one— not by mistake either."

and isn't that curious. tina has never done such a thing before. she is known to be meticulous with her invitations. its like she's afraid that the band nerds and dnd freaks would wind up at her parties and ruin her image. he found it hilarious that she cared so much about the way people perceived her.

she'll regret it later in life when she discovers she peaked in high school.

"do you... want to go?"

sunny fiddles with the edge of the paper, and his silence was enough to answer her question. "c'mon! we can just check it out. this never happens to us, and quite frankly, i want to see what the fuss is about!" she leans forward, clasping her now free hands into a prayer. sunny frowns at the obvious lie. the blonde never failed to express her distaste towards people like tina, some more than others. 

"cut the bullshit robin, tell me why you actually want to go to tina's party." the dirty look she gives him deeply expressed her urge to throttle him. he snorts. "jesus! fine. nothing ever flies over you." sunny rolls his eyes, but he grins and says, "not when it's about you."

and she knows it's true. sunny would swim across the ocean for her even though he doesn't know how to swim. he would do anything for robin buckley. and robin buckley would do the same for sunny.

robin leans forward to get even closer, her loose waves creating a curtain of privacy. the proximity didn't faze him, but it made others uncomfortable enough to look away if they were being nosey. "i overheard tammy say she's going." her raspy whisper is almost a plead, big brown eyes imploring as they stare into his own.