28: Dying

VACE'S POV

My hads trembled as I grip the steering wheel firmly keeping my attenition to the road infront of me but deep down my mid is nowhere in my system.

"Hang in there please I said to my self and step on to accelerate until I reach the said hospital my wife texted to me.

I was having my time to clea out my mind and think everything tI've done when Stella, my wife texted me a hospital name and a picture of her hand a heart monitor and that's when it down to m that she's in a freaking hospital!

"Where is Stella McHawkins room?" I immediately ask the nurse in the reception as I tried my self not to pass out in worry.

"Room 098, sir. 2nd floor" Without saying thqanks to the nurse. I immediately run towrards the elevator and irritatedly push the number two button.

Gladly there's no one inside the elevator making e relax for a moment and think about Stella.

"I adn't clear my mind yet so why the hell i this happening to us?" I ask my slf remembering the last encounter with my wife and also the first fight we ever had.

The truth is It hurts me when she remove our wedding ring to his fingers but nothing hurt me more when I saw the pain in her eyes. I also wanted to punch myself on that they for saying those words, for being a jerk to her, to our son, to our family.

Because of fearof being alone, I planned the most stupidest plan ever.

Leading me to greediness and making my own son's life in danger.

Its now a week since the fight we had with Stella and its just right now it downed to me how I wasted my time for being stupid instead of being a good husband and a father to my wife and to my son.

"Stella!" I kick the door open when I reach her room but only to be rooted on where I stand as I saw my wife's condition infront of me.

Worry. Guilt. Anger.

It all mixed up isede of me but still I can't move even a little as my wife look at me with a small and weak smile.

"Stella" My voice quiver looking at her hand that she slowly raised tugging me to go near her but I could't.

How could be the healthiest and the most lvely person I ever known ended of being a frail one?

"Where just outside Dad" I couldn't say words to my Dad as they live me with Stella in the room.

"Come here my stupid husband" She weakly say. With all strength that is left on me , I slowly walk towards her ad held her hands that is still raised.

"What appened to you?" I ask as tears clouded my vision while checkig her whole body. nd it hurts me seeing her how weak she is now.

"Well karma hits me" She said weakly as I look into her eyes.

"What do you mean? How could you be in this state for a week?" I ask still thinking on why she is on this state abruptly.

"Well. The truth my stupid husband. The medical result that you get three weeks ago wasn't yours, it was mine. And that docor who give you is my dumb friend and she accidentally swap our medical results. Funny right?"

I shake my head in disapprovement and tears run in my face as I realize something.

My wife.

The only person who stayed with me through out this years. The only person who accepted, understand, and love me.

Is dying.