x

I open my eyes and I'm in the infirmary again with Jill by my side.

"Did that m*therf**ker do this to you!",she angrily questions.

What? What is she talking about? Does she think Syrus did this to me?.

"Tell meEden did he do this to because I'm ready to end that bastard!",

" No he didn't,why would you even think that?"

" Don't try to protect him, Eden!"
" Jill, Syrus didn't do this to me,it was Ana and Penelope, together with two other girls, they  caught me in the hallway and beat me up".

" I'll show them not to mess with you!",she yells " but they really f**ked you up really good, we'll have to get them back even if the head servants cut our meals"

The door opens and Mark walks in " you're my most regular patient, better be careful, I'll begin thinking you like seeing my face, Sarai really lost it , Syrus already warned her not to hurt you,but lucky for you he already kicked her out",he says and takes a seat.

I'm happy to hear that Syrus didn't let her get away with this even though I never liked Jasmine,she was still human and didn't deserve to die like that.

After Jill stays with me for some time,then leaves to finish her chores, leaving me with Mark .

"I know the reason why Sarai lost it , everyone is talking about it,they are saying that Syrus will take you in and his woman",Mark says " he still has Tatiana, Eden,I don't think anyone should share their mates with anyone",he continues.
" Even if he were , it's not like I have a choice",I say.

" Yes you do,I know it's not easy but you can fight the mate bond ",he says grabbing my shoulders making me wince in pain.

" I'm sorry Eden",he apologizes run his hand through his hair " Syrus is lucky to have a mate like you",he says after some time "I won't deny that I'm jealous and that I've got feelings for you",he says closing the distance between us and kisses me.
I don't react for a second and just stare ,stanned at why is happening "we shouldn't be doing this Mark and I don't like you like that",I say and push him away.

" I'm sorry,Eden ,I just couldn't help myself",

" Mark you're a great guy, but I just don't like you in that way"

" I understand",he says and smiles sadly,after getting discharged I walk back to the dormitories and I'm immediately called for a staff meeting being held in the kitchen.

I'm the last to arrive and everyone's eyes are on me. As I walk slowly to where Jill was,my nose is bruised and swollen so I guess that's why everyone is looking at me and whispering amongst themselves.

"Nobody is to touch Blake,from now onwards she is the Alpha's personal maid ,she will take care of cleaning his quarters,his food and laundry", Head maid Rosslyn says she is the oldest and the nicest to the humans here.

Mark told me the other humans here are the children of some wolves that had human mates, some are those that have nowhere else to go ,somewhere left here by their parents, I'm the only one he claimed was taken as collateral, forcefully, something that Syrus never does probably because I'm his mate.

Everyone's eyes were on me , making me shift on my feet. The thought of being so close to him stirred something deep within me, I had to rein in my excitement,I can't stop thinking about what happened between us last time.

After she said a few more words about the wolves bullying the humans and that from now on we all will wear the same uniforms there are no more human slaves and wolv servants.

"At Least we all will be getting the same treatment from now on,but I won't be working with you anymore",Jill complains as she walks me to our dorms.

" At Least you go back to working on the first floor we will still see each other",

" It's still not the same",she pouts.

" We still see each other at breakfast, when working, lunch and dinner",

" Fine",she finally relents and leaves.
I lay on my back and look up at the ceiling. Does this mean he is finally accepting,the thought made me squeal in excitement hitting my bruised nose in the process.

I was told to rest for three days then I can immediately start working besides Syrus.