Chapter 62: Digging a Pit

His train of thought was interrupted, Shi Qing turned his head and looked at Lu Yi with slight displeasure. It had to be said that when Shi Qing put on a cold face, he gave people a lot of pressure. Now, Lu Yi finally had the same feeling as Lu Ye.

"President Lu? Why are you here at this time? Shouldn't President Lu be discussing the government project with everyone?" Shi Qing suddenly laughed and the sternness and coldness on his face disappeared. He put on a warm and friendly mask and the aura around his body decreased. It was so weak that Lu Yi felt that he had been overthinking. It was clear that there was nothing wrong with Shi Qing, he was just a kid.

Lu Yi knew what to do and said, "Ah, President Shi, aren't you our Lu family's guest? No matter what, I have to treat President Shi well, don't you think so?" After saying that, he turned to Su Yan who was beside Shi Qing and said with a smile, "This must be Yun Yi's daughter, right? She looks a lot like Yun Yi."

Shi Qing also introduced Su Yan at the right time. "Xixi, this is Uncle Yun's good friend when he was alive, they've been friends since young."

He only said that they had been friends since they were young, but he did not say how their relationship was when they grew up. This could also be considered a small tacit understanding between Su Yan and Shi Qing. It vaguely referred to the conflict that had arisen between the two of them when they got older.

Su Yan smiled and nodded at Lu Yi. "Uncle Lu."

"Look, look, look, having a daughter is so nice. A daughter's warm, soft and caring, much more caring than my naughty boy." Lu Yi's expression didn't seem to be fake. It made people feel that Lu Yi really wanted a daughter.

Su Yan just smiled. She had no intention of having a conversation with Lu Yi. Just based on what he had said on stage and had given everyone a psychological hint. He even gave Shi Qing that scene. Su Yan didn't think that Lu Yi was a simple character.

"Sigh, the good-for-nothing from my family just told me that we have some of Yun Yi's belongings and wanted to return them to Xiao Xi. However, my son felt that it was inconvenient to talk to a girl alone, so he passed the message to Shi Qing."

At this point, Lu Yi sighed and lowered his head. He said meaningfully, "I don't know how that rascal passed the message. He actually told me that President Shi wasn't interested in Yun Yi's relics."

Shi Qing and Su Yan looked at each other and understood what Lu Yi meant.

Wasn't it just sowing discord? It wasn't a big problem. Su Yan and Shi Qing had discussed the common problems of sowing discord. There were also some that came from more tricky angles that the two of them had never discussed before. But Su Yan believed in Shi Qing. Shi Qing had been good to her in both lifetimes. Why would she suspect Shi Qing just because of some gossip from others?

Upon hearing this, Su Yan fell silent for a moment before smiling again. "There must be something wrong with the message. Shi Qing is extremely concerned about my matters, so why would he say such a thing?"

To Lu Yi, Su Yan's behavior showed a problem with the trust between the two of them. It was obvious that Su Yan trusted Shi Qing enough, but Shi Qing actually said those words. He must have hurt Su Yan's heart.

The relationship between humans was just that fragile. Just wait and see, Su Yan and Shi Qing's relationship would break down very soon. Then, Su Yan, who had just returned from the outside world, would definitely be under his control. Lu Yi suddenly felt that if that was the case, not letting Su Yan die was a good choice.

"That's right, that's right. My son has always been unreliable. It's possible that something went wrong when he conveyed the message." Her heart was about to burst with joy, but Lu Yi still had to say this.

Lu Yi saw Su Yan's stunned expression.

Success!

In the conversation that followed, Lu Yi saw that Su Yan was indeed ignoring Shi Qing's gaze. She even wanted to avoid some of Shi Qing's touch.

Indeed, relationships between people were so complicated.

Now that he had achieved his goal, Lu Yi no longer bothered about Su Yan. He turned to Shi Qing and asked, "President Shi, are you really not going to get involved in the government's Yada project?"

Shi Qing tutted. "There must be a lot of people competing for this project. I won't be joining in."

Shi Qing was firm and clear-headed, but how could Lu Yi agree? It could be said that a large part of the banquet was set up for Shi Qing.

Shi Qing might seem warm and gentle, but in reality, he was very strong when it came to doing business. It was fine if he did not participate in this business, but if he did, he had to be in charge.

Correspondingly, he had to invest the most money.

This project might sound like a collaboration with the government, but in reality, only Lu Yi knew that this project would definitely be a loss. No matter how good their initial construction was, they would only benefit others in the later stages. His initial goal was to scam Shi Qing to spend a large sum of money.