Chapter 2

Y/n POV

Everyone got up and started to go to their squad training schedules for the day. Nifa and I went to the combat grounds to work on hand-to-hand combat skills. I noticed my squad already standing in the middle of the field. Hange was talking to Moblit off to the side. I see Abel, Lauda, and Keiji all talking. Lauda has long brown hair always in a standard ponytail with lots of hair sticking out on her forehead, she is pretty tall, for I am only (height). She was standing in the middle between Abel and Keiji with her right hip locked into her side while her arm hooked on the hip. She can be a serious stern cookie. Always knows the rules and follows them intently but she doesn't boss other people around or think of herself as any higher up than anyone else even though she has been on the squad for years and is a classified senior to most cadets. She always treats me like I don't know how to take care of myself, Lauda is kinda like the mom of the group even though she is twenty-four years old which is only two years older than me.

Abel is a what you can a brain only kind of guy. He isn't the best at anything physical strength but enough to keep himself alive up to now. He even looks like the stereotypical smart guy, with his short blonde hair and eye goggles, and lean figure.  He can be a little shy around me, not talking to me or not even making eye contact for too long without stuttering or showing signs of discomfort. I don't know why though, I always try to include him in the conversation, maybe he just takes lots of time to warm up to people to actually leave the shell he hides underneath.

Keiji is the funniest motherfucker I've ever met, he's always lightening up the mood with his cheesy jokes. Most of the squad hangouts/bonding during free time is Keiji and hange cracking jokes together. Keiji has brown shaved hair with large eyes. He has a rather big build to him, which gives him a lot of upper body strength. He can be goofy but when it's time for an expedition he becomes a quiet and focused soldier. Keiji is known to praise commander Erwin for his dedication and for the progress he has taken the scouts ever since he took command from Keith Shadis just over half a year ago. As I walk up with Nifa by my side I overhear Hange talking about a surprise she had for our training.

"Hello, guys!" Nifa shouts while waving her arm vigorously.

"Hey there cutie, you seem in a good mood today," Keiji said smirking at Nifa til he turned to face me, "y/n I see you changed your hair, I like it, right Abel, you must like it a lot....don't you," he said playfully punching Abel on the shoulder.

I chuckled completely ignoring the fact Abel's face was beat red trying not to look at me. This just confirmed the suspension of Abel having a crush on me. I wouldn't know why we don't talk much on a personal level very often. How could you have a crush on someone you don't even know?

"Line up guys I have a surprise!" hange shouts, "Today for training we are teaming up with another squad, we will be doing a combat session with hand-to-hand fighting and then a usual ODM team contest, to see how many titan dummies we can kill in the shortest amount of minutes."

"What squad will be joining us?" Lauda asks, raising up her brow.

"Captain Levi's squad of course, you know he is a very good friend of mine."

"Don't you think that's a bit unfair, I mean they are a part of the elite squad and their leader is humanity's strongest, I don't think it's a fair fight!" Abel said adjusting his goggles.

"No one is a fair fight for your scrawny ass Abel." Keiji retored.

Abel scoffed at his remark, "Well excuse me for stating the obvious, I don't even think y/n could take down anyone on Levi's squad."

"Oh really, I think y/n could! Right y/n you can take down petra right?" Abel asked.

"How would she know? She's never been up against her for all we know." Lauda interviewed.

"Now everyone calm down, this is nothing to get into arguments over, That's why we are training with them to get better individually and as a team...but I think y/n would totally win" hange said trying to ease the heated discussion.

I couldn't really care less about if I could kick anyone's ass on Levi's elite squad considering I've already done that with Gunther, and Eld. I'm not what you would call strong but I know some special techniques in fighting. Strength isn't the main goal, it's knowing your opponents' weaknesses and next moves that'll get your advantage, anyone could do it if they tried hard enough.

Just as the conversation was dying down Levi and his squad showed up, slowly walking where we were. As soon as I saw Levi I noticed he was already staring at me with yet another harsh glaze. Not surprising though for his character and what happened earlier today. I noticed a gleaming petra by his side as usual. Not that I was jealous she was close to him because like I said I barely even know the guy.

"Jeez what took you so long, did you take a shit or something?" Hange said, turning to face Levi.

"No I wasn't, not like that's any of your business." Levi scoffed.

"Then let's begin with hand-to-hand combat since we are already here, alright everyone pair up with someone other than your own teammate." hange said with a clap of her hands.