Mom's trip

Third person's p.o.v

"I said i'll do that later", Aiden muttered, disinterested in what his kid sister was ranting about...

"But you promised!" She half-screamed.

"Later...stop bugging me", Aiden hissed, pushing her aside as he did the laces of his sneakers and was about to leave his room when his sister stood at akimbo, at the doorway. Shit,this pest!!
He thought...

"Mom?! Come take your daughter away from me", he called out.

"He won't help me with my homework mommy!" His sister screamed..

"Aiden, help your little sister!" His mother yelled from downstairs.

"I'm late for school!" He yelled back.

"Since when did you start going early to school?" His sister asked

"Since today, brat!" He retorted, "why didn't you do your homework yesterday?"

"Because you weren't around to assist me, jerk!" She blurted, then covered her mouth and ran off immediately.

He clenched his fists..."don't make me get you!" He growled. Grabbing one of his denim jackets, he strolled out of his room, heading downstairs....

"I won't be in school today", Mrs Emerson said.."Mrs Flynn will be meeting with me this morning and i have an official meeting with Summerville's principal after".

"Roger", Aiden muttered, disinterested.

"Tell Miss Becca to fill in for me", his mother smiled at him, but he just rolled his eyes and walked out....Becca! He thought...he hated her, she was the meanest of all teachers and she was also his mother's assistant.

He headed for the garage and stared at his car, it needed to be serviced, he diverted his attention to his bike and smirked..."it's your turn baby". Putting on his helmet, he got on the bike and sped off.

Time skip....

The Flynns ate their dinner in silence, you could easily hear the sound of the food going down their throats.
Mrs Flynn cleared her throat, interrupting the uncomfortable silence.

"I have something to tell you sweetie"

"Mmhmm", Bella murmured, swallowing the scrambled egg she chewed.

"My company transfered me temporarily to another company" her mother stated.

"Okay?" She muttered, still eating her food with all seriousness.

"I'm on a business contract", her mom continued.

"Mmmh"

"I'll be traveling to Brooklyn".

Bella paused and stared at her mother..
"Ugh! You're traveling again?" She whined.

"Yes, and..the contract's lasting for five months".

Bella choked, then coughed out violently..

"Here drink some water", her mother said, passing her a glass of water, which she collected thankfully and gulped down.

"You'll be away for five months?!" She half screamed.

"Yes honey, i'm sorry it has to happen", her mom replied sadly.

"No..." Bella whimpered.."you just came back from your last trip".

"I know..."

"And it lasted for one month, you know how hard it was for me..." She almost broke down.