3 (Unconditional

Keep in mind that Gus and Matt are aged up here, around 15-16ish ^^

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Don't you dare." Gus tightened his grip on Mattholomule's hand.

"You gonna stop me?" Matt smirked.

"I swear, don't you do it, Matt-" Gus was cut off my Matt's strident laughter. The boys had been sitting at the top of a dramatic cliff, overlooking the ocean and the small cove beneath them. The smaller of the two had suddenly grabbed Augustus' hand, stood up, and dragged him to the edge of the cliff, threatening to throw them both off and into the water below.

"We came to the beach to swim, didn't we?" Matt said with a cheeky grin.

"Yeah, but not by hurdling each other a hundred feet down a cliff," Gus retorted.

"Awe, you're too cute, you need to liven it up a little!" Matt practically yelled while laughing, taking a step closer to the edge, pulling Gus along with him.

"Matt!-" Gus had no time to react as Mattholomule jumped, bringing Gus down along with him. They separated hands while falling, and Gus prepared himself to impact. Inhaling sharply, Gus hit the water legs first, his arms wrapped tightly around his shins. The stinging sensation of a thousand tiny needles perforated his skin all over, momentarily paralyzing him.

Rapidly sinking underneath the steady waves, he opened his eyes, searching for his friend. Glimpsing brief flashes of colour, Gus swam towards the surface of the water. After a few moments he emerged, gasping for air. Matt had already reached the surface, wading in the calm waters while laughing hysterically.

"You prick! You could have killed us!" Gus yelled over to Matt, failing to hide a growing smile.

"But I didn't!" Matt retorted.

"Who says I won't when we get back to shore?" Gus capered, making his way toward Matt.

"Won't what? Watcha gonna do, bet you can't catch me!" Matt countered, swimming backwards away from Gus. He was headed a bit further out into the small cove.

"Oh you're on." Gus said as he started quickly towards Matt. Chasing him through the water, Gus splashed small waves at his friend. They waded around each other in irrepressible laughter.

"HA! Got you!" Gus caught Matt, grabbing onto his arm, causing his head to dip into the water.

"Ach- Hey!" Matt scowled while sputtering out water.

"Now what shall I do with you?" Gus asked in a slightly flirtatious voice, still holding onto Matt's arm.

"Oh I dunno, drown me?" Matt quipped sarcastically.

Gus pulled Matt towards him, moving his free arm to hold the other boy's small frame. Brushing some of Matt's mopped hair out of his face, Gus looks him in the eyes. Matt smiles, he knows what's about happen.

Matt's eyes went wide, then he fell into the kiss, wrapping his arms around Gus' neck.

A few seconds later, the two boys pulled away.

"Thank's for not drowning me." Matt giggled.

"You're welcome." Gus said knowingly.

"You know our clothes are soaked now, right?" Gus said, glancing down at their floating bodies.

"Whatever. It was worth it."

"That sounds really sappy."

"Oh shut up, what do you know?" Matt attempted pushing Gus away, but only succeeded in making a large ripple in the water around them.