prologue

— YOU WERE INCREDIBLY ATTENTIVE, and maybe that was what drew him in at first

— YOU WERE INCREDIBLY ATTENTIVE, and maybe that was what drew him in at first. As the student council president, Akashi couldn't have asked for a better vice president.

You somehow knew what he was thinking before it even crossed his mind.

Or maybe it was the way you never backed away from a fight that caught his attention. Your fiery eyes looked remarkably attractive to him, and he would often catch himself wondering how you would react if he were to kiss those rosy lips of yours mid-argument.

Although you and him weren't together, Akashi enjoyed the dynamic you guys shared. At least then, you were focused on him, even if it was only a fraction of the attention he gave you.

"Elio-kun is my boyfriend!"

The red head felt a surge of rage at your words, watching as you smiled brightly while your poor excuse of a lover waved. While the other student council members happily congratulated you two, an inexplicable sensation crept within him at the idea that his perfect little vice president had found another.

Why? Why did you go and get yourself a boyfriend who was levels inferior to yourself. You were too good for someone like that boy.

He suited you much better.

His heart stung when he thought back the many times he had brought up the idea of dating, only for you to reject him, thinking it was a joke. Thinking back it was partially his fault as well for not making his intentions clear — but it was because he was afraid of scaring you away.

So he settled for a president-vice president relationship with you, if that meant you would stick by his side for all of high school.

However, now things were different. He couldn't have another guy steal all your attention. Especially not a guy you only met weeks ago.

Something needed to change, and he didn't mind getting his hands dirty — if it was for you, that is.