1.

8:43 pm.

The silent interrogation room has been disturbed by a 43 years old Police Detective who is coming inside to interrogate a suspect in a murder case.

"I didn't know our first meeting will be here, Lee Y/n." He sat across from her comfortably before scanning the report.

"Do you know that you are making our jobs becoming difficult? Just because of your that damn mouth won't open."

This guy and his colleagues had been interrogating her for a few days already and she still didn't speak any words.

"You better speak before I make you lose your voice for real." He gave her a firm stare as a warning.

However, she is not afraid of him. The cold expression remained on her face with her eyes staring forward.

The Police Detective threw the report beside her harshly before walking around in that room as he is trying to cool himself down.

"You ungrateful idiot. How dare you killed your mother who has been taking care of you for 20 years?!" He yelled while pointing directly at her.

"You dare to kill her but don't have the courage to admit your fault? You are a rubbish human being." He slammed the door after getting out of the room.

The atmosphere in the room returns to the silent one. She shut her eyes tightly, recalling the last moment with her lovely mother.

"Mom, I have to stay at the office until around 10 pm. Everyone is staying because there are some urgent matters. I'm sor-"

"It is ok, dear. I'm at my friend's house so don't worry about me and take care!" Her mother cut her off via the phone as she knew what her daughter wanted to say.

It was her mother's birthday today. She was her only family member that she respected and loved since her father had abandoned them a long time ago.

"I will come back as soon as possible after I get off from work. I promise!" Little did you know, Y/n was lying to her mother as she wanted to surprise her on her birthday.

"Before that, can you please take the file that was on the dining table for me? I will come to take it now." It seemed to be a normal request since the company was near her house.

"Oh. Ok. I will go home now." Her mother replied before ending the phone call.

A young man knocked and entered into the interrogation room which pulled her back to reality.

"Hi, I'm Park Jimin and this is for you." He placed a bottle of water in front of her.

"Sorry for not preparing it earlier. You must be feeling thirsty." He felt bad and smiled slightly at her, hoping she would say something.

"On 28th February of Tuesday night, around 9 pm, can you tell me where were you?" He questioned in a soft tone and Y/n is just behaving like usual by staying silent.

She expected him to act like the other police detectives but he broke her expectations.

"As you know, the evidence that we collected is putting you in a disadvantaged situation. If you are innocent, you have to let us know so that we can help."

Jimin spoke calmly and waited for her reply. All he got was just an emotionless stare from her. He sighed and planned on giving up.

"Why...Why do you think that I'm innocent?" Y/n uttered.

"It is not what I think but I just received a phone call who claimed to be a reporter. He said he had a video related to your case."

"Based on my investigation, she is not the murderer because, in the video, the killer was taller than her mother."

"And in their recent pictures showed in her social media, Y/n shared around the same height with her mother. That's the difference."

"That's what he told me and he is coming now. He may be able to prove your innocence but before that, I have to know your side of the story."

For the first time, she is seeing some hope for her future. She thought her life will just end up staying in jail because of the evidences.

"I wanted to give her a surprise but the murderer did first. When I reached home, she was already dead." She told Jimin what exactly happened that night.

Y/n doesn't like to show her weak side in front of anybody except her lovely mother but not today.

Her tears rolled down her cheeks smoothly as she quickly wiped them off while glancing at Jimin.

"If what you said is true, you will not be punished. Trust the police, Y/n. Stay strong."

9:45 pm.

"His phone is off." Jimin called the reporter several times as he is not here at the promised time which was 30 minutes ago.

"Don't you think is a scam?" His colleagues, Taehyung said.

"No. He is a real reporter. I have done some background checks on him." Another detective, Yoongi argued.

"But we don't know whether he is telling the truth or not." Taehyung continued.

Jimin bit his lips softly and ruffled his hair, thinking about their next steps. After some discussion, they decided to go to the reporter's house to find him.

The three of them managed to meet him but they couldn't speak to him because he was dead with a deep scar on his neck.