Chapter 4 Fun Fair and Lies

Istella Yhana
Fun Fair and Lies

I woke up at the sound of my phone. I picked it up and saw Paul's name pop up on the screen.

Hello?

I scratched my eyes and waited for my eyesight to adjust with the light.

Uhm Hi Yhan are you busy? Are you up for a hang out today?

I blinked and tried to compose myself. Hang out huh? Is this considered as a date? I know it'll just be the two of us so maybe yeah. We can call it a date.

Uhm—

I checked my phone and saw Kyle's message—stating that he went out and would be home late. I wonder what came up with him. That's odd, he didn't mention anything about it.

He wouldn't bother if I'd go out for a while, would he? I would d probably be home before him, so...

Yeah sure

I stood up and streached. Man I wanna get more sleep but going out with Paul sounds fun. I would finally have a chance to take a break from Kyle. All my life I've only been hanging out with him, and I mean literally.

Ok I'll pick you up right away

I changed into shorts and white fitted shirt then went down stairs to wait for Paul in the living room. I scrolled through my phone while waiting.

A few minutes passed, I heard a car park and it's horn. I saw him waving at his window so I immediately went out the house and locked the door. Kyle has his own duplicate of the key, so if he ever arrives first he'll get it right away.

“Where are we going?” I asked as soon as I got in his car.

"Hm, You decide. I'll go with wherever you want. So, where do you want to go? Watch a movie, arcade, shopping, road trip, beach or fun fair?"

"I'll go with the fun fair." I rested myself on the seat. The fair sounds fun. I've been wanting to go there lately because it's been a long time since I last went there with Kyle.

"Alright fun fair here we go." I smiled in excitement and looked outside the window as we made our way.

I enjoyed looking around. It feels new without Kyle's presence and it's like I could breath. Being with him lately doesn't feel good as usual. Aside from what happened in this birthday party, I couldn't breath well when I'm with him because my feelings are bothering me.  I feel uneasy around him lately and I don't know if I'll be able to feel comfortable with him again.

He parked his car outside the fair and made our way in.

“You look cute on your outfit.” His comment made me look at myself.

“You're just saying that to please me.” I chortled out.

“No, I'm serious. You look cute wearing a simple outfit. Actually you look good in wearing any outfit." I looked at him and raised a brow. No one complimented me like that before. I didn't know it would feel good.

“Fine if you say so. Let's go to that gun shooting boot. I want to win that cute unicron." I enthusiastically dragged him in one of those booths.

He looked at me with an amused expression. “You like unicorns?” Shookt I spilled myself.

“What? Am I not allowed to?” I continued to walk.

“It's just that, it doesn't seem to be in your character to be fond of adorable stuffs like that. You're cool and all so I thought you're more into cool stuffs too.” My lips twitch.