iv

Naruto woke up from the previous night to an empty bed. He placed his hand to the side of the mattress and found it to be cold, indicating that his newfound lover had left a while ago.

Naruto sighed as he fell back onto the soft mattress and let his head rest on the pillow. He didn't know what to think really. For the longest time he had thought of Tsunade as a motherly type figure. Yet, one didn't normally have their mother moaning in pleasure as they worked her. More than likely Tsunade had also seen him as a son she never had, and now that relation would forever be lost. All due to him not being able to control his inner desires.

When Jiraiya had asked him to take care of Tsunade, Naruto was sure he hadn't meant for him to fuck her.

Naruto closed his eyes as he rubbed his face with half tightened fists before running his left hand through his hair. Finally, he stared at the ceiling, wondering what would happen now that he and Tsunade had taken quite an interesting step into a new direction in terms of their relationship. Then he thought about what the people around them would say. Would they approve? Would they feel disgusted? She was easily almost forty years his senior.

He first thought of Kakashi, his first sensei. What would he say? Would he feel apprehensive towards the relationship? He would probably prefer Naruto to find someone within his own age range. Then again, Kakashi did read Jiraiya's books, so he'd more than likely congratulate him on bagging an older woman while feeling envy.

He then thought of Ichiraku and his daughter, Ayame. They had looked out for him, fed him during his lowest hours, when no one else would. He knew damn well that they wouldn't approve. Ichiraku wouldn't say anything, but he had known the man long enough. Ayame though, she'd make her position quite clear. Without doubt she would scold him and give him a lecture while he slurped down the juices of his miso ramen. He'd have to make a mental note not to provoke her by making a stupid comment about slurping on Tsunade's juices.

Then his thoughts drifted towards Sakura, the girl he had pined after for years. Sakura. Sakura. Naruto simply kept staring at his ceiling, thoughts lingering on the pink haired girl. It was as if his escapade with Tsunade had opened his eyes, because for some reason he couldn't stop the thoughts running through his head.

Why did he like Sakura?

What did he see in her?

Why did he continue to chase after her even though she made her feelings of him quite clear?

It was then that Naruto had looked at all her faults. Every single aspect about her. When they were children at the academy, she had isolated him and even made fun of him for being an orphan. She had mocked his lack of manners due to not having parents to teach him any better. He remembered all the times she would unnecessarily hit him, even when he had done nothing wrong. How she would call him an idiot. He remembered how happy he was when they were placed on the same team. How Kakashi had asked them to share a few things about themselves and how when asked about her dislikes, she immediately said his name without remorse or regret.

Naruto blinked. He had been so stupid. He didn't know why. He felt sick, any other person would have caught the hints, but he had so foolishly ignored them. It was no wonder why he was considered the village idiot. He recalled his master, Jiraiya, trying to sway him away from her, but he had blindly pushed him away. He felt so stupid. Naruto let out a frustrated scream as he clutched his head in anger. He was like this for a few minutes before relaxing and decided that he would no longer dwell on the pink haired shinobi. He wouldn't hate her, he wouldn't shun her. After all she was still technically on his team. But he would no longer give her free reign to do as she pleased. Sakura's punches hurt before, but now with Tsunade's teachings they could now be confused with attempted murder. If Sakura wanted to take out her frustrations, she would have to learn to take it out on someone or something else.