01| "All those steps lead me somewhere"

____
'Keep going, and only look
Back to remember how far you've
Come'
____

____'Keep going, and only lookBack to remember how far you've Come'____

My name's Naomi Madden.

I am a single mom 36 year old mother who's become the most successful businesswoman in the world.

I'm a model for many famous magazines,  my own business named MARAS, after my daughter, Amara.

It wasn't easy getting to the spot I'm in right now.

I've been through a lot in my life, such as my parents passing when I was seventeen.

High school wasn't great either.

I got bullied for the dumbest reasons. Who knew bumping into the "popular girl" would become such a bad thing.

She decided to try to make my life miserable but failed miserably because I didn't let her.

I didn't let her have the power, so I showed her I had to.

She soon gave eventually.

As I said, my parents passed away, which was a very difficult time for me.

I mean, my parents we everything to me. I had no other family, but them.

At times when they weren't with me, I've wanted to give up, but I also knew that my parents never raised me to give up.

So I didn't.

They were the ones who kept me on my feet, whether it was the hard times or good times.

They were the ones to guide me and push me to the best of my limits.

They kept me going even when I wanted to stop.

I did start my life all over again after.

There were times when I wanted to run and get to the places I wanted to reach as quickly as possible, but I knew running wasn't, but get me tired and stop all the hard work I've accomplished.

So I thought walking was a better solution. Although it was slower than running.

But I also did know that those very small slow steps I took meant something

Every step meant progress.

Every step meant I was closer.

Every step meant I was working my as off.

Every step meant hustle.

Every step meant I was pushing myself.

Every step meant change.

All those steps lead me somewhere. They led me here. Where I am today. Happy and thriving.

And the moment I finally got here, I was going to forever be thankful for my parents even more because without them and they parenting, I wouldn't have that been here.

But before all this big success, fifteen years ago, on September the tenth, I had found out I was pregnant with my daughter, Amara.

This girl had been my entire everything. My world, sunshine, the reason I smile, the reason I'm happy.

And she's been through it all with me.

Right from the very beginning to now.

You may he thinking, what about her father?

Well, his name is Ace Rossi.

He was my soul mate. Was the very man I had wished for until he had left me alone when I was just only six months pregnant with Amara.

He said he was going to work later, and I decided on making his favorite  dinner.

Time came to when he would arrive back home, and I set the table nicely for him and sat at the table, both of our foods alresdy there.

I sat there, waiting for him to come back while the food was getting colder and colder with every second.

J then ended up just eating and putting his food in the microwave and heading to bed.

I laid in bed, and I waited and waited for him. Waist hours for him, but I got tired and quickly texted him, checking if he was okay but didn't answer.

I even called many times and still got nothing from him.

I woke up the following morning and didn't have his arm around me.

Afte he handed shown for a couples days, I came to the conclusion that he had left.

I was numb and mad all at the same time. I just stood, stating at myself in the bathroom mirror, tears falling down my cheeks.

I didn't have anyone to go to.

Absolutely no one.

The last time I looked, talked, touched, and kissed him was fifteen years ago.

One thing I wish was that he was with Amara. I mean, scratch me at this point.

I wanted him to see Amara. Be with her. For her to have a father figure.

Speaking from experience, I know damn well what a father means to a girl.

I knew he would've been such a good father to her. But no, I couldn't care less about him.

He honesty right now in my life means absolutely shut to me.

Means nothing to me.

Nothing, nothing, nothing.

____