1. suicide mission

"I have a mission for you, Nadia,"

David's voice was both authoritative and cryptic, as he passed a folder into my hands. Opening it, I found myself face to face with an image of an otherworldly blue cube known as the Tesseract.

"That's a Tesseract, one of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s most prized possessions at the moment," David explained, his gaze locking onto mine. I nodded, my mind already racing to piece together the puzzle he was presenting.

With a meaningful pause, he continued, "I want you to steal it. I think you're more than prepared to step back into the field."

As his words settled in, a mixture of emotions swirled within me. He's basically sending me to a suicide mission. But I know there's no room for argument, I need to obey him.

The Tesseract represented immense power, and the implications of its possession were not lost on me. How funny can faith be, am i really going to steal the cube that gave this curse power to me?

"When?" I inquired, steadying my voice as I met David's gaze.

He glanced at his wristwatch, then back at me. "Tonight."

The weight of the mission hung in the air, a challenge that beckoned me to confront my own demons and prove my abilities once again. Am I ready to face the organisation who sought to capture me? I'm basically putting myself on fire right now. 

With a deep breath, I squared my shoulders and met David's gaze with a determined nod. "Tonight it is."

"I trust you, Nadia. You're one of the most skilled agents I have," David's words cut through the air with authority, a stark reminder of the high stakes involved. Swallowing the lump in my throat, I nodded in acknowledgement, absorbing the weight of his expectations.

Rising from my seat, I felt the tension in the room thicken around me. "I'm going now. I need to prepare," I announced, taking determined steps toward the exit.

But just as my fingers were about to grasp the doorknob, David's voice sliced through the air, freezing me in place. "And don't ever think of betraying me. I have eyes everywhere, Nadia."

His intense gaze locked onto mine, his words sending a shiver down my spine. The gravity of the situation intensified as he approached, our proximity closing in. His eyes blazed with a fiery intensity, and a memory began to claw at the edges of my consciousness, threatening to resurface.

"Know that if this mission fails and S.H.I.E.L.D. captures you, you will reveal nothing. Understand?" His words were a command, punctuated by a sense of foreboding that left no room for defiance. Is he really think this mission will fail?

"You understand?" he whispered, his breath mingling with mine. We stood inches apart, and I felt his gaze probing deeper into me.

I nodded, my thoughts racing as I tried to suppress the memories that surged within me. This encounter, this command, it triggered something buried deep within, a memory from my time in the Red Room that I fought to keep at bay.

As David's finger lifted my chin, a nerve-wracking sensation gripped me. I stammered out a response, my voice shaky yet compliant. His words of approval were like a mantra, pushing aside the haunting memories threatening to break through.

"Good girl, now go," he uttered, his demeanor devoid of emotion as he retreated to his desk. The finality of his words spurred me into motion, and I hastened out of his office. My steps grew frantic as I reached the nearest bathroom, the memories clawing at my mind like a relentless storm.

I could sense a panic attack approaching, the past merging with the present in a way that shattered my composure. I splash water on my face. Taking a deep breath, I look at my reflection in the mirror.

Who knows this was my life going to be? A never ending game of survival, killing, and the cycle repeats everyday.