A Marvelous Welcome

Kamala smiled as she sat on the edge of a random Jersey building, watching the Manhattan skyline from afar.

It has been over a month since Ms Marvel made her official debut, and Kamala had to admit, she's never been happier.

Her parents have finally accepted her, she has never been closer to her friends and she's living her dream life as an Avenger.

Okay, that last part wasn't entirely true. So far she's only been fighting muggers and stopping runaway cars. She hasn't been in a major fight since, and according to her Ammi that was a good thing.

"You know, as much as I love the view from Empire States, you can't get a view like this from there."

The sudden voice took Kamala by surprise. She jumped off the edge of the building, landing on a platform she made for herself. She then turned around and threw a Noor encased stretchy punch at the unidentified individual.

The punch missed, the individual having leaned to the side to avoid the attack. Bat now that Kamala was looking at him and he was illuminated by the Noor Light, she recognised who he was.

"Spider-man!" Ms Marvel, exclaimed, pulling her stretched limb back.

"The one and only." The maybe Avenger said with a play full bow.

Kamala quickly got off her Noor platform and back on the roof.

"Oh my god, oh my god. I can't believe that I'm meeting an actual Avenger. This has always been my dream. I have soooo many questions for you. Like, how do you shoot webs? Is it organic or some kind of tech? Did you really go to space? Who made your suit? It looks so cool..."

Spider-man chuckled and held what his hands, signalling her to, "Slow down, Ms M. ("Spider-man gave me a nickname!") Those are all really good questions and I'll answer them later. But I have a question for you first."

Ms Marvel could barely contain herself. She was hopping in her spot like a kid about to enter a toy store for an expensive toy. She was grinning from ear to ear as stars shine in her eyes.

'It'd finally happening. I'm going to become an official member of the Avengers. Just wait until Bruno hears.'

"This isn't what I expected," Kamala said in a slightly disappointed tone.

Instead of taking her to a Quinjet that would fly her to the Avengers' new base, (she heard a rumour that it was being carved into the giant alien statue that burst out of the ocean), she was instead taken to a boat that unknowingly took them from New Jerry to New York.

Ms Marvel was surprised by how hard it was to keep up with Spider-man. She had gotten extremely good when it came to travel with her Noor platforms, but the more experienced teen was always outpacing her, performing impossible stunts mid-swing, circling around her before she could even notice and even answering a few text messages on his phone.

Their fun trip took them to an inconspicuous warehouse with the words 'Rand Enterpices' written on the front.

"You see Ms Marvel, while the Avengers handle the world-ending threats, the world needs heroes that handle smaller threats," Spider-man explained as he lead her through a side entrance.

"Like purse snatches?" Kamala asked trying to hide her disappointment.

Spidey chuckled and added, "Weapon and drug dealers as well."

The warehouse was a lot nicer than Kamala expected. It was well lit and the walls were freshly painted. There were couches, tables, and chairs. There was a Tv and a small kitchen area. There were also multiple workstations, scrapped parts, arrowheads, chemicals and a bunch of other junk littered those tables.