Holding Hands - Day 1

-
AN: I'd just like to say that there might be a few spelling errors or grammar mistakes in this. I re-read this once before I published it, but I could have missed some. So, please excuse me for that.

That's all. Enjoy!

-

It was the day of the final quidditch match. The day they'd find out the winner of the House cup. It was between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff. The other house were to far behind to catch up to their points. It's been a while since the Gryffindors won, and they really needed a win. This made Oliver Wood more nervous than he'd usually be.

Percy Weasley knew his partner was nervous. He noticed how his roommate stayed up late nights trying to figure out a way for them to be guarrenteed a win. But he was worried. He wanted to calm him down, but unfortunately he wasn't quite sure how.

And then without realizing it, Percy managed to calm Oliver down.

A few minutes before the match started, Oliver was standing outside the arena fighting his nerves.

That's when his boyfriend decided to show up for support. Oliver caught a glimpse of him walking over, and straightened his posture.

The keeper smiled at him. "Hey, Percy," He greeted him.

"Hey, Ol," Percy returned a smile. "I see you're nervous for this match"

"Nervous? Me?" Oliver scoffed. "I am not". Percy sent him an are you serious?  look, crossing his arms. The brown-haired Gryffindor chuckled, scratching the back of his neck.

"Heh...I'm not being very believable, am I?" He sighed.

"I could practically see you biting your nails off several yards away," Percy told him. The red-haired boy held his boyfriend's hand gently. "You shouldn't get to worked up about this. There's still next year, you know"

Oliver smiled at him, squeezing his hand reassuringly. "I know, I just...well, I don't want to disappoint the team," He admitted, caressing the others hand with his thumb.

"Ol, listen to yourself. You're the Gryffindor quidditch captain! Without you they wouldn't have won tons of other matches," Percy said firmly, leaning into his shoulder.

Oliver blinked. "Oh, Perce...I love you," He blurted. Percy was taken aback by his sudden statement but grinned at him.

"I love you too," He chuckled, giving him a small peck on the cheek.

Moments later, the host, Jordan Lee, declared that the match was going to start any minute, and Oliver had to go. The brown-haired boy turned to his boyfriend.

"I'll come to see you right after the match," Oliver insisted. Percy nodded, letting go of his hand so he could play the game.

"You got this, love!" Percy exclaimed as his partner ran off into the field.

This is also how everyone found out about their relationship. The two had agreed to keep it a secret, and Percy had just technically called him love in front of the entire school.

The red-haired Gryffindor found his way to the bleachers at sat at the highest part of it next to his friend Penelope.

Percy was the kind of person that didn't care for quidditch. But if it was Oliver playing it, he'd watch for as long as the game went on with his full attention.

They lost the match.

But Oliver wasn't was devastated as he would have been otherwise. All because of Percy.