07

Zed had wandered off about ten minutes ago allowing Terrance to roam the complex leading him to Zoey, Zed's little sister, who was cheering all by herself;

I'm crazy, I'm cute.
Zombie to boot
I'm rocking, I smile.
Zombies aren't vile.
Yay!

"That was some great cheering," he said in a soft voice. She had to be about the same age as his sister.

She froze, dropping her homemade pompoms, "I wasn't doing anything. Certainly not cheering. Please don't tell anyone," and way more timid.

"You're Zed's little sister, right?" He asked.

She nodded, "I'm Zoey," She came to sit down in front of the boy, "you're Terrance," he nodded. "When I cheer it makes me happy."

"I can tell, you're great at cheerleading Zoey."

"Thanks, but my pet Zander doesn't seem that impressed,'' she said, holding up the stuffy that Bonzo had covered the eyes of at the first football game.

"Well, he should be," He tapped its nose, "but I think you're old enough to have a real pet wouldn't that be awesome."

Eliza's voice filled the room, "they don't allow Zombies to have pets."

"They don't, why?"

She sighed, "some people still think we'll eat them."

"A zombie hasn't hurt anyone in at least 40 years."

"They still don't care. We're second-class citizens, if even." Terrance was in shock he was never told how harassed zombies were, his parents treated them like an after though 90% of the time, they weren't bad, but they weren't good either. They were just there a thing that existed. So, he never really got to learn about them.

"There you are," Zed said coming in evidently looking for the human boy, "whoa Zoey whoa what are you doing here?""

"Please I'm not gonna miss a Zombie mash."

"Zoey."

She shifted on to sit on her knees, "Come on who's a good boy," she clapped.

Zed crossed his arms and reluctantly barked like a dog; Terrance looked at him confused. He dangled his hands in front of him and toddle over, "Me."

"Good boy. Good boy."

Terrance laughed, "Alright, Alright," Eliza broke it up. "I'll take you home, Zed has to make sure Terrance gets out of here."

"We should hang out soon Eliza, I really like your boots."

"Oh thanks, They're orthotic. I got this draggy foot thing going on, so..." Terrance handed Zoey her pom poms. Eliza turned to Zed, "he's cool."

"Yeah, for a human right."

She shook her head, "No. he's just cool. You guys look good together," Zed was in a delighted state of shock.

"Hey! Don't forget Zander," Terrance stopped them handing Zoe the stuffy.

Zed taps her arm, "See ya."

"Bye."

Terrance smiled, "Your sister is adorable, mine just shook me down for $800."

Zed couldn't hold back the laugh, "Thankfully mine just takes me pretending to be a dog."

Terrance took in their surroundings, "this place is beautiful."

"It's a zombie light garden."

Zed stepped up holding out a hand for him, "Where are we going?"