thirty one

THE TOUR BUS had finally reached its final destination in Portland, Oregon. It was early morning when they got in, considering the drive was 14 hours. Dylan rolled over to her right side to see her field of vision entirely blocked by a body.

She looked for her phone, finally finding it underneath the covers. Wincing by the bright light off her phone, the clock read 5:57.

Dylan was blocked into the bed, with the left side of her being a window and some curtains. "Joe." She whispered, feeling guilty to wake him. A small grunt was heard from his end. "Joey, come on I have to pee."

He got up, slowly, getting out of bed for her to go to the bathroom. She jumped down onto the hard flooring of the bus. She quickly passed Reed and Thea, careful to not wake them.

Dylan quickly returned back to see Joe had rolled over to the left side of the bus and sprawled over. She didn't know why he insisted on bunking with her when he knew there was an extra bed for him to take. His argument was "If I sleep with my girlfriend at our houses, why not on a tour bus" and "It's more exciting on a bus!" Which made Dylan find it weirdly cute.

She climbed up to the bed again, now laying on the left side. Joe felt her move around to get more comfortable, and he curled up to her closer. He rolled over so they were now facing each other.

Dylan reached out to tuck his messy hair back and left her hand to linger on his face. Joe gave her a sleepy smile, and that alone caused a bunch of butterflies to erupt in her stomach. "Mornin'" she whispered out as quiet as she could be.

"What time is it?" He whispered back

"About 6," she moved her hand now down to his collarbones. "Your relentless moving woke me up."

Joe chuckled softly, and the two instantly quieted when they heard moving come from Thea's bed. They went back to their conversation when they realized she was still out.

"Do you think we are there yet?" Joe asked, slowly becoming more aware.

"Yeah, the bus stopped about a half hour ago." Dylan's hands moved back up to Joe's chin now, tracing the smile lines near his mouth. She leaned in and gave him a soft kiss. "Come on, we got about an extra two hours' worth of sleep left."

Dylan pulled up the blankets more. She moved her head down to Joe's bare chest and tucked it underneath his chin. His arms moved over her back. As Dylan was starting to fall back into her sleep, she felt a kiss on the top of her head and heard a small "I love you"thrown her way.

-

DYLAN AND HER BANDMATES were about to go onto the stage in ten minutes, and Dylan was very anxious backstage. She was pacing back and forth. stressed out and running every possible bad outcome through her head.

Thea and Reed didn't know what to do watching the girl stress out, and Joe wasn't around to calm her, as he was off in the bathroom.

"Hey you read- Oh no, Dyl what's up?" Joe returned. walking up to her and placing his hands on her arms.

"Just insanely scared, what if they don't like me? What if I fuck up the setlist or voice crack? oh fuck, what if-" Dylan rambled on.

Joe wrapped his arms around the anxious girl, resting his chin on top of her head. He pulled away and looked down at her. "Hey listen, everything going to be okay, and you're gonna fucking kill it. Why wouldn't they like you if they spent money to see you, huh?"

Dylan nodded, letting his words seep in. "You're right, ugh I'm being so stupid." She nervously ran a hand through her hair.

"No no no. it's okay. You're okay, were okay, and were going out there, and you're gonna do great." He smiled at her.

She nodded once more and stole a quick kiss from Joe. "Thank you."

The four of them quickly got called to the stage, and as Dylan walked out to see all the people standing in the venue she couldn't help but smile so widely.

There were loud cheers for her and Joe, and people waving signs and chanting. She walked to the mic.

"Hello, Portland!" The cheers went even louder, and Dylan stood up there admiring her fans. "Thank you all so much for coming out tonight, wow." She laughed a bit into the mic. "I would like to introduce you guys to Thea Zimmerman, my drummer, and Reed Calloway as the guitarist. More cheers and claps were heard from the crowd.

"And, Joe Keery as the bassist!" She motioned towards him and smiled, feeling like she was in a fever dream performing with her boyfriend on stage. This introduction caused even louder cheers and erupts from the crowd.

"Enough with the introductions and here is our first song,! Dylan adjusted her microphone to her height, and strummed the first few chords on her guitar, causing her fans to instantly recognize the tune.

She looked over at Joe as she began to sing, and strummed the notes along. He noticed her gaze at the corner of his eyes and turned to look at her and smiled. Dylan smiled back while singing, and turned her head to look at the crowd.

-

dylanhartfirst night was a success!!tagged theazimm reedcalloway uncle_jezzy70k likes | 500 comments

dylanhart
first night was a success!!
tagged theazimm reedcalloway uncle_jezzy
70k likes | 500 comments

maya_hawke pretty talented girl
dylanhart maya_hawke stop it babe

uncle_jezzy that's my girlfriend everybody!
dylanhart uncle_jezzy i have no idea who u are go away u creep

usera YOU WERE SO GREAT OMFG

userb I wish I could've gone

finnwolfhardofficial cant wait to see you!
dylanhart finnwolfhardofficial aww finny boy i cant wait to see u either