Be my Guest

A/N  This story takes place 3 years ahead of the timeline of the og story. Hope you enjoy!

Narrators POV

It was 10:30 pm, their shift at the casino had just ended and Cuphead and Mugman were exhausted. That was when a small imp walked up to Mugman. "The boss wants to see you" it hissed. "This late?" He asked the Imp. The small demon nodded as Mugman tilted his head to the side a bit, then looked back at Cuphead, who was crossing his arms. Mugman shrugged and followed the Imp to his boyfriend's office. He walked down the long corridor to the office that he knew very well, when the imp stopped him at the door of the office and gave a low warning. "The Boss is very angry today, so be extremely careful with what you do and say." Mugman nodded, feeling half pity but half fear. The Imp ran off into a small portal that most likely lead to his own home. Mugman twisted the doorknob slowly and opened the door, only to see the Devil sitting at his desk with a feather quill still writing something. He looked agitated and annoyed. Almost as if he was going to snap his pen in half. Mugman was a bit nervous, he had seen the Devil angry but never this angry. Normally he would be yelling at Dice or throwing things, but this time he was dead silent. Mugman didn't want to break the silence, but he knew better than to sneak up on him when he's like this.

Mugman silently gulped out of fear. "H-Hey Devs" He stuttered, trying his best to make his voice smooth. The Devils yellow eyes met his as he looked up at the nervous Mug. He could read him like a book, he knew that the Mug was trying his best to make sure that he didn't get anymore agitated than he already was. Just thinking about how thoughtful and caring Mugman is made The Devil feel 20 times better than he did a few seconds ago. "Hey Mughshot" he said motioning for Mugman to come closer to him. Mugman got the hint and walked towards him. He stopped in front of the Devils desk. This made him slightly annoyed, normally Mugman would just come straight up to him and give him a hug. "Don't be a stranger, I don't bite." He said in an annoyed tone. Mugman felt his cheeks get red with embarrassment, for he thought he just made him angrier. He slowly walked towards him and he stood in front of him looking down and fiddling with his fingers. The Devil at this point was getting annoyed, so he grabbed him boyfriend by the arm and pulled him onto his lap facing him. Mugman was a bit shocked at first then he looked up at the Devils soft expression and knew that he was safe. So he laid his head down on the demons chest as the Devil softly pet his head. "What did the imp tell you to make you so jumpy?" The Devil asked, glad that his mug was finally relaxed. "He told me to be careful around you." Mugman replied softly. Ah, so that's what it was. The Devil quickly made a mental note to turn that demon into a chair as he continued. "You look really tired, long day?" Mugman looked up at him and nodded. The Devil looked down at the poor mug. He looked really tired. He worked from 6am to 10pm everyday with only two lunch breaks in between. The Devil had offered to change it for him many times but he had always said it was ok. Then he also remembered that Mugman and Cuphead didn't have car so they both walked here. The Devil knows that both him and Dice had offered to buy them a car on multiple occasions but they both turned down the offer for it would be too expensive of a gift.

The Devil felt Mugman gently breathing on his chest, not asleep yet but he was close. The Devil didn't want him to have to walk home in this state, but he also didn't want him to leave. "Mugs?" He softly whispered to the resting mug on his chest. "Mhm?" He heard him respond. "Do you wanna spend the night with me?" Mugman looked up at him. "Would that be ok?" He asked him. "Yes, it would. Also tomorrow your getting a paid day off tomorrow and your not allowed to decline it." The Devil added quickly, knowing that Mugman would be too tired to argue. The tired mug chuckled softly. "Ok, ok." The Devil summoned an imp "You go tell Cuphead that I'm bringing Mugman home with me." The imp nodded and ran off. "Come on, Mugshot." The Devil added nudging the mug softly. Mugman stretched and hopped off of his lap. The Devil grabbed Mugman's hand and he opened a portal leading straight into his bedroom. He didn't want to make him walk through all the different layers of hell. That would defeat the purpose of bringing him home. Mugman looked wide eyed at his boyfriends bedroom. The bed was huge, the ceiling was huge, the window with a view of all the souls of the dammed being tortured, it was all huge. The Devil chuckled and blushed at his cute boyfriends reaction. "You wanna take a shower with me?" The Devil asked his excited, yet very sleepy boyfriend. Mugman nodded and followed the Devil into the bathroom. Mugman started to take off his clothes, the Devil was very nervous about seeing him naked for the first time so to be respectful he turned around, then Mugman turned him back around to show him the scars from his recently done top surgery. The Devil smiled and praised him for his bravery the same way he did when Mugman told him about his bottom surgery, except this time he was less flustered. They both finally hopped in the shower and got cleaned up. The Devil laughed at Mugmans attempt at reaching the soap because it was super high up. When they got out of the shower the devil handed Mugman a blue T-shirt with Betty boop on it that's way too big for him and some black shorts. Mugman put it on and waited for the Devil the finish drying his fur. When the Devil came out of the shower he pulled the covers back and Mugman fell face first into the pillow and passed out. The Devil smiled and turned off the light. Then, he felt something or rather someone grab onto him. It was Mugman who had cuddled into his chest. He smiled and wrapped an arm around the sleeping Mug, then drifted off to sleeping while listening to the souls of the dammed scream for mercy.

The end.