New Student

It’s another normal day for Saiki. Nendo, Kaidou, and Kuboyasu circled around his desk, making rather annoying sounds with their mouths. Oh right, talking. Saiki tried his best to block them out, not wanting to hear their monotonous conversation. Why did they decide to talk around his desk of all the places? Can't they do this activity somewhere else, that doesn't include him? Saiki sighed at the sound of the teacher walking in, mentally thanking them. His 'friends' walked back to their seats, leaving him alone for now.

“Good morning class, we have a new student today." A new student? How had Saiki not heard them? Well, everyone else's thoughts are rather loud today, especially after the teacher's announcement. He must've not heard them. "He's all the way from Seasoning City- uh, you can come in, Kageyama." Half of a face peaked into the open door, before the new student fully walked in. He had a plain face with a bowl hair cut almost reaching his eyes. He looked absolutely bored out of his mind, though Saiki could see the nervous sweat trailing down his forehead. He’s average… wait, he looks completely average. No pink hair, weird hair pins, or glasses. This new student could pretty much blend in with the crowd, perfectly. Saiki was in awe of him, what a lucky guy. “Go on, introduce yourself.” The teacher urged, he nodded.

“Umm, hi, I’m Shigeo Kageyama. But, everyone just calls me Mob, nice to meet you.” With a quick bow Mob took the seat behind him in a haste. That nickname did fit him, blending in with the mob. Makes sense. Saiki wondered if he even liked the name in the first place… Wait, he can just read his mind. He focused his attention away from everyone else's thoughts and instead to Kageyama behind him. Yet, nothing came from him. No nervous thoughts of 'I wonder if people will like me, ah I’m so nervous.' Things normal people think in a new school. Is he another Nendo? Saiki dreaded the thought. No matter how perfect Mob’s appearance is, he couldn’t bear to have another Nendo. Saiki must be mistaken, he'll try again. When he did, he finally heard something. Not words, no, instead it was static. Then he was shoved out, like something had pushed him. Saiki jumped slightly, he's never had that happen before. Was that… possible? Stealing a quick glance at Mob, he saw him looking right at Saiki. Dull eyes staring straight into his own, until he quickly glanced away. Is he aware of his mind reading?

Saiki turned back around, mind practically racing. He's not normal. Mob must be some kind of psychic or an abnormality. Yes, he'd have to do something.

—-----

When lunch came, Saiki went up to the roof to think. Here, the thoughts of everyone were much easier to drown out than in the classroom. Now, the real question was: Is Mob a psychic? The fact that he couldn’t read his mind gave him the idea. Yet he never displayed any. Maybe Mob really is just another Nendo. He sure acted like it.

In class when the teacher called on him he couldn’t answer a simple math question. Freezing up and muttering an ‘I don’t know.’ Mob’s looks may be average but his intelligence in math is definitely below average. Wait, why does he even care about the new student? He seriously shouldn't get involved. Mob doesn't seem dangerous, even with his thoughts being unreachable, he can hear the static. Not a complete Nendo case.

Saiki shook his head, there was no reason to worry then. He sat down and ate his lunch in peace. Until a certain three ‘friends’ found him. Taking along the very boy Saiki was trying not to think about. Good grief… he couldn’t catch a break.

"There you are! What are you doing on the roof?” Nendo yelled, smiling big while he dragged a poor Mob over, who looked absolutely terrified. Or as terrified as a blank faced kid could look. Saiki decided to not answer his question, focusing instead on Mob. Who had sweat dripping down his forehead. “Oh, we brought a friend too. He’s in our class, remember?” Of course he remembers him. Kaidou chuckled, laying a hand on Mob's shoulder.