eleven ✿ late night talking

chapter eleven

chapter eleven

❁ ❁ ❁ ❁

It had been two weeks since I'd last seen Joe and life had suddenly felt like absolute chaos. Never ending days filled with flights between different states for interviews, photo shoots for magazine spreads, and a premiere. Frenzied days that didn't feel so awful whenever my phone lit up with a new message from Joe or long nights that ended with hour long phone calls from said boy who seemed to now be all I thought about. I had finally made it back to my home in Los Angeles. Happy to be able to enjoy the lovely day lounging on the sofa in my back garden, legs criss-crossed under me, my guitar on my lap. It was warm out, the soft breeze the only thing keeping my almost sticky skin cool. Eliott sat at the wooden garden table a couple feet away from me, eyes glued to his laptop as he restlessly typed away. Soft hums left my lips as I mindlessly strummed my guitar, hands stopping their strumming every so often to scribble down a possible lyric.

"You can never just take a day off can you?" Eliott says from behind his laptop, eyes never leaving the screen.

"Could say the same to you! Sounds like you're wearing down that poor keyboard." I reply through a playful scoff, small smile on my face.

He rolls his eyes feigning annoyance, a smile pulling on his lips at the reply. I softly sang out some lyrics, my fingers picking at the guitar strings.

"Sounds nice." Eliott spoke out, finally closing his laptop and looking at me. "What're you working on?"

He got up from where he was sitting, his long legs leading him to sit on the sofa directly in front of me. He kicked his feet up on the small table in between us, quick to pull his phone out of his pocket.

"Nothing in particular. Just had some thoughts bouncing around my head that sounded like they could be some good lyrics." I laughed out, pen tapping against the leather bound music journal on my lap.

"Can I hear?" He said, eyes leaving his phone for a second before going back to rapidly typing.

"Uh- it's n-not finished, p-probably won't sound good." I stuttered out, mentally kicking myself.

He looked up from his phone, a smirk on his face as he placed it face down on his chest. He raised his eyebrows at me, big brown eyes now full of curiosity.

"You always show me your songs even if they're not finished." He said, a playful tone laced in his words. "What's it about huh? Maybe a little someone on your favorite Netflix show? Who does he play again? Steve?"

I rolled my eyes at him, hands quick to come up to cover my face before he saw the blush on my cheeks. He laughed at my reaction, his hand slapping his thigh as he tried to calm down.