𝑥𝑖𝑣. diner date

night had fallen, and the friend group of four had been sitting in a booth at a diner.

as quinn, robin, and gwen had been busy in their own conversation, they hadn't noticed that finney had been staring over their shoulders for the past hour.

"finney!" gwen interrupted the boy, for he turned to her. "yeah?" he responded, knitting his brows together. "what are you looking at?" quinn queried, looking over her shoulder to find his girl crush, donna.

quinn's face lit up with a cheeky grin as she turned back around to finney who was redder than a tomato.

"go talk to her." quinn insisted, resting her chin on her palm. "no! she's with her friends, they'll laugh at me." finney mumbled, shaking his head.

"who gives a shit? if you really like donna than you wouldn't go all chicken when it comes to talking to her, especially around her friends." gwen jeered.

robin nodded in agreement with gwen. "i can't do it." finney sighed in embarrassment, looking down to his lap.

"come on, i'll help you." robin grins, sliding out of the booth, walking around to finney and pulling him out of his seat, bringing him over to the table which donna sat at.

gwen and quinn turned around in their seats, sneakily eavesdropping. as robin and finney approached the table, two of donna's friends adjusted their postures and tripled their hair between their fingers at the sight of robin.

donna smiled warmly at the sight of finney. "finney wanted to say hello." robin chuckled, patting the brunette boy of the back before walking back to the girls, donna's friends watching him whilst blushing.

finney seemed to be really nervous around donna, he kept fidgeting with his hair and the hem of his jacket.

"jesus, he looks like he's gonna shit himself." gwen giggled, clapping a hand over her mouth. quinn lightly chuckled at gwen's remark and continued to walk donna and finney's blushing faces.

"seems like those girls were totally into you." gwen teased toward robin. "who wouldn't be?" robin scoffed, flicking his hair over his shoulders in a girly matter, causing quinn to roll her eyes in response.

after a few minutes, finney came walking back, a crooked smile plastered on his face with his cheeks painted pink.

"what's up with you?" gwen asked giggly as she poked finney in the chest. "i didn't the stupidest thing ever." finney grinned.

"what'd you do?" quinn asks, raising a brow. "i-asked-her-on-a-date." finney blurted out before smacking his hand over his mouth.

everyone laughed at him before going back to their serious moods. "you asked her out?" robin asked, wanting to make sure he heard finney right.

"yeah." finney groaned nervously as he saw donna's eyes locked on him. "that'll be fun." quinn taunted with a grin. "shut up." finney stammered before gwen nudged him in the arm with a cheeky smirk.

                                                                     ...

robin, quinn, finney, and gwen had all fallen asleep on the couch in finney and gwen's living room while they were all watching another random horror film.

robin had basically had everyone huddled close to him considering quinn had fallen asleep with her head resting in the crook of robin's neck, gwen resting her own head in quinn's lap, finney's head resting on gwen's back.

as suddenly an unexpected jumpscare from the movie erupted everyone's ears, they all woke up screaming or either frightened.

quinn, frightened, gwen, frightened, finney, screaming, robin, screaming. the girls passed the two boys a dirty look.

"you screamed in my ear, robin!" quinn complained, hitting him with a pillow. "yeah, and you scream like a girl, finney does too." gwen agreed with a scoff, rubbing the back of her neck.

quinn sat up, her ribs shot up with pain due to gwen and finney's weight that lied on her. jesus, imagine how robin feels with all three of us.

everyone sat up, stretching their arms and legs out only for each of them to hear about several of their bones crack at the action, making everyone pause and go wide eyed.

gwen chuckled at their mirrored actions before she sat up, walking away from the group of three and to her room.

"goodnight." finney mumbled, adjusting himself to walk off to his room. "it's 3 in the morning, not goodnight, but whatever, goodnight." quinn replied flatly as she then threw herself back on the opposite side of the couch.

finney had scoffed before he returned to his own room just like gwen did, disappearing from both robin and quinn's sight.

quinn had positioned her head on pillow that sat on the couch and inhaled deeply as she laid her eyes on the displaying movie.

"not tired?" robin queries quietly, quinn shook her head. "not anymore." she remarked back.

"yeah, me neither." robin declared, quinn scoffed. "why is it that every time i'm not tired, you're not?" she wonders, her voice lingering with curiosity.

"i have no idea. maybe it's a coincidence." robin whispered, quinn lightly laughed at his sarcasm.

silence

"robin." quinn whispered, breaking the loud silence. "yeah?" he responds, picking his head up to look at the girl, for she sat up, too. quinn paused, studying his expression.

"i guess i want to say thank you. after these few weeks of knowing you, it almost feels like i've known you literally forever. i'm really... thankful for you. i know i never show it, but... i love you, a lot. whether it's platonic, or not. i just—love you." robin caught himself growing a smile at her words. "and just in the matter of weeks, you've been through so much with me. anything i've gone through in these times, you were there to help me. you guys—" quinn paused to shift her glances between robin and finney and gwen's room to gesture to them. "are the reason i'm still going."

quinn meant every one of her words. quinn had so much to say, and that wasn't even half of it. "do you mean that?" robin queries, furrowing his brows.

"no shit." quinn grins, rolling her eyes as robin looked down to his lap with a light and breathy chuckle. quinn glared at the boy and said, "so, thank you—for everything you've done for me."  robin jerked his head up with that cheeky grin he casually wore.

"i don't usually say this, but i'm, uh, i'm really... happy to have you, quinn."

quinn returned the small smile before she looked away, letting her hair fall in her hair to hide her painted pink cheeks.

a/n; hey everyone! i'm going to be busy so i won't be as active, meaning i won't be publishing chapters for awhile... when i get back or when i get the chance, i'll be publishing <3