❝𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝗺𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝗺𝗼𝗼𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬, 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲❞

🎸 𝐄 𝐑 𝐎 𝐒 𝐖 𝐑 𝐈 𝐆 𝐇 𝐓 🎸

Taking a glance towards my wrist which was closely situated on the new CayenneTurbo GT. One of my friends rented it back in NY and I fell in love with it. My mom recommended that I rent, but I'm a fucking billionaire, so why would I do that? That sounds so posh when I say it like that, but it's true. I don't see a reason to save all of my money when I earned it all. I'm not some pretty rich boy who's relied on my parents for all my money. All of the money I've made has been on my talent. NOT their money.

My mom is one of the richest ex-actress in the world, while my father was an heir to one of the largest car dealerships in the world. So yeah, you could say my fascination with this car has something to do with that.

"Holy shit. Why didn't you tell me we were driving in style? I mean if you told me, I would've worn my fancy amazon sunglasses." My best friend says as he glances around the entire car. He has a slight obsession with amazon and seems to think it's the shit.

"There is no we, it's my car. I'm being generous half of your life by blessing you with my presence. Now I will be blessing you with the ride inside of a car, you'll never be able to afford," I and Emerson have always had a competition to see how much money we can both make when we do something, so when I reached my billionaire status, he's gotten even more competitive. "Okay, and I'm also pissed at you since you made me late to getting to my mom's house."

Shifting the gears, I run the guy next to me into backing off. LA traffic is stressful to lightly put it. Thankfully, I've had time to adjust. Glancing toward Emerson I see him holding onto his seat. Good. We're gonna ride a little wilder than he's used to. In NY, there's not much need for cars. But I always had one on hand

"Blessed? It's not a blessing when I have to help your ass when you're throwing up. Mhm, that's right. Or when your mom calls and all of a sudden the world stop, cause no one takes care of you like mommy." I sensed a hint of sarcasm in the last sentence but whatever. We've always had a sarcastic relationship.

I'm stressing because my mom already texted me that I'm late, and now there's traffic. Worst. Timing. Ever. Taking a glimpse toward the traffic in front of me I grab my phone. Hiding down towards the console, I open one of my audiobook apps and open The Summer I Turned Pretty. I'm not ashamed to say that I read, nor am I to say #teamconrad for life.

Looking towards Emerson I find him asleep in the passenger side. This is the only time he doesn't look or act like a little shit.

Hearing the feminine British accent I continue from where I left off. Whenever I'm busy writing music, I listen to some e-books to give me inspo. Weird, I know but it still helps. The Summer I turned pretty has been my latest read, well reread. I'm proud to say I was NEVER team Jere. Jere only had a platonic love, and only liked belly when she caught Conrad's attention. Jere had always been sort of envious of Conrad, so when he found a possibility to someday win what did he do? He took it. Along with her heart.

So, no.
He didn't give me flowers or candy
He gave me the moon
And the stars
Infinity.

Humming the song of Sunsetz by Cigarettes After Sex, I turn on my turning signal toward the right to get on the exit of Beverly hills.

If I'm being honest, I loathe Beverly hills. It's so pretentious, and so undoubtedly racist. I'm not saying everyone there is racist, it's the entire kindest surrounding most of the people there are.

LA has always been known for its celebrity hangouts, inclusiveness, and well overall reputation spoke for itself. My mother always used to love it here. Everything (or everyone) she loved was here. But, things change.

Taking one last turn onto the new neighborhood my mom lives in. Driving up the new driveway, I turn off my lights and the takeout the car keys. Looking toward Emerson, I decide to let him sleep for a moment.

Walking towards the door, I take a glance at another car in the driveway. Weird. Probably one of my mother's maids.

Pressing the doorbell, I wait till the ring is audible to everyone inside the house. Looking at my worn-out conversations I think about which ones I'm going to get next. Maybe some green ones? Oh, I really wanna get the Tyler the Creator ones. They're only 400 new. Someone tried offering my used and I went full germaphobe. The idea of someone else's feet in my shoes disgusts me in more ways than you can imagine.

Hearing footsteps on the other side of the door, surprise me when I look into the eyes of my first love. The reason I'm back. My god (or gods) given soulmate. Her.

Psyche fucking Meadows.

Roaming her body with my eyes, I glance at her short top that shows a slither of her brown skin. With her natural hair out, hitting the sunlight it has a hint of light brown highlights. Looking down at her feet I see a pair of converses on her feet. We're matching. I loved it when we both matched together. Or when we used to. The look of pure disgust in her eyes will haunt me for a while, but what hurt more was when she slammed the door in my face.

word count: 1113
status: unedited.

okay so 2 of the chapters I've written are song lyrics from Conan gray songs...you should understand what that means about me lol. ignore the fact that the name of the chapter isn't a song lyric too btw. I'm reading the TSITP series for the first time and wanted to include this! NO SPOILERS! (even tho I watched the show already-)

but erm..thoughts for this chapter? I am trying to update ASAP, but please take it with a grain of salt. also...who recognized the chapter's quote? (and who realized I told everyone the name of this chapter on my message board) for those who know the quote...team Conrad or jere? there are only one right answer babes. and on an unrelated note, fair warning, ALL chapters are at LEAST 1k words. I tend to want to get to 2k, but I'm never motivated to do so. maybe when I get more reads?

want another update? get us 3 votes on this chapter!