Because Jackie won't shut up about it

Gui smacked the table for the zillionth time this evening. The bottles of beer fell off the table with a clang and rolled to his feet. He put down the controller and looked wearily at the monitor. The text "You Lose" was being displayed there. That was K/O screen of Super Smash Sis—the game he had been playing for the last few hours.

Victory and defeat were often hand-in-hand in online games, but losing six matches in a row isn't something that happens normally. He swore the game conspired to make fun of him by matching him against genuine pros.

Tired, he got up from his couch to grab another bottle of beer from the fridge. When he was about to pop off the lid, his phone rang.

"Who the fuck is calling me now?"

He cussed, like he always did. He picked up the phone from the table and checked the Caller ID. It read: Jackie.

He stared at it for a few seconds before deciding to pick up.

"Mate, whaddya need?"

He made his annoyance apparent. Normally, it would be enough to ward off any unreasonable demands from his friends, but not in case of Jackie.

"Hey, come to my place. Bring coke on the way too."

Gui could barely hear the voice amongst the loud cacophonous music playing in the background. He was tempted to tell her to pause music, or to change it to some good rap, but it's Jackie, and she's unreasonable.

"Mate why?"

"Because there's a new Sonic movie!! Let's watch it together. I want to tell someone about Sonic. So come quick!"

Before he could reply, she hung up. Does she really expect him to head out now, seven O'clock in the evening, to watch a blue furry movie with a weirdo instead of downing another bottle of beer?

"..."

Gui ruffled his hair and put down the bottle of beer he had yet to open. He changed into a clean pair of black joggers and blue shirt and headed out. Apparently, she was right.

He wasn't interested in Sonic the slightest bit, that stuff is cringe, but they were friends, and hanging out with friends is fun.

===

Another twenty minutes later, he was in a park.

There was no one here at this time of the day. Even if people had to visit a park now, there were better alternatives than this one. He followed the familiar path and came to stop in front of a dilapidated RV.

The metalic grey paint on the vehicle was worn off at various parts. There were even some spots that had rusted. The wheels were in no condition to move either. All the windows were curtained though. If not for the lights that shone from the windows, it could be easily mistaken for being abandoned. Well, six months back, it was.

Of course, he could also hear muffled sound of music. A clear sign of human presence, or rather, of Jackie. He didn't have interest in her music, but after having known her for this long he could guess pretty accurately that she was listening to Tally Hall.

He knocked the door of the RV. No response. He tried once again. No response. Next, he tried the door handle.

'It's open as expected.'

Gui opened the door and entered the RV. He looked to his right to find Jackie staring at the laptop screen, browsing Pinterest for Sonic art. She was completely lost in her own little world. The music playing from the speakers must have erased the sound of the door opening because she had yet to notice Gui yet.