i. new year's eve party.

sometimes you gotta close a door to open a window

NEW MAGIC WAND
tyler, the creator

— NEW MAGIC WANDtyler, the creator

.⋆。⋆˚。⋆。˚。⋆. .⋆。⋆˚。⋆。˚。⋆.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?"

Indiya didn't let her mother's comment bring her mood down as she completely ignore the noise the old lady's words created in that room full of loneliness – even on the New Year's Eve. Clementine Adler had turned off the TV a little while ago, right before her daughter's steps made her wine taste like poison with fragrant worries sprinkled all over the glass.

"At Jules' house. She invited me because she drank again... a little bit too much and her parents aren't home." that line came out of nowhere, the smell of Indiya's hostile tone succeeding to infect her mother's understanding for the rest of the night.

"So you're now her babysitter. I don't think you go to Jules' house dressing like a fucking Sailor Moon character. I may be old but I'm not as dumb as you think I am."

Indiya's jaw hardened as a result of her miserable decision to approach Clementine before leaving the house. She knew exactly what kind of person she had right beside her when Clementine decided that it's a great moment to be half seas over and act like all her insouciant shrugs were actually just in the girl's nightmares and she's a warm-hearted person among some monsters with beautiful and realistic human masks.

Alcohol made her a whole different person.

"Yeah... and these are her clothes. I borrowed them last week and Jules said that she's fine with that."

But her mother didn't care. She didn't care about every single thing Indiya had said and got straight to the point:

"You'll be home before midnight. This year is our year and I want to celebrate... with the best daughter my benevolent God gifted me."

Oh, yes. Their first year without Indiya's dad – who completely disappeared after a big fight with the woman he described a long time ago as 'the love of his life'. People had been spreading rumors that he had been killed or that he ran away with a minor and forced her to marry him, later ending up in an unknown jail in Greenland. In fact, he wasn't Indiya's biological father because he was around only when her mother wanted to forget about masturbation and fill the whole house with weird sounds that couldn't let her daughter sleep. They were never married and they never planned to do that. They were more than friends with benefits because he truly cared about both Clementine and Indiya but never showed his love for them. After all, he thought he was a man.

And Indiya, in turn, admired that man because he always doted on her and treated her exactly like his own child. And she really thought that she was his child.