Return

This chapter contains the recreational use of drugs. I generally prefer for the audience to be 18+. I will add trigger warnings if necessary but obviously I can't cater for every single person. If you have any triggers that you aren't sure will be addressed feel free to message me and I will let you know! Alright on to the thing.

•••

It was mid January when Ray Mond returned to the city. She was hoping that her return to Los Santos would be a calm one but that wish had been wrong. The woman didn't know what the hell she kept doing but the cops kept swarming her. Her fear of the police and being sent to prison prevented her from speaking out and she didn't know the CG lawyer personally to be able to contact him. She wasn't even sure she was allowed to ask him to represent her. While she walked to the cubby she found an old man who was passed out on the side of the road. It seemed the wrinkled elderly man had some form of memory loss because when they got to the hospital he became hysterical and told the nurses to call the police because she was trying to kill him. Luckily she managed to run away from pillbox medical before the officers could arrive.

She felt uncomfortably warm, tired and on the verge of crying but she knew she had to meet CG today or else she would avoid it again. It was getting dark and she could feel herself sweating in her new leather pants but she had to push through. The new wardrobe certainly wasn't as comfortable as Mari claimed it could be. If it wasn't for the tightness she'd be able to feel her sweat rolling down her body. Instead it created a sheen layer of confined wetness over her limbs.

"Hey Ray! It's your girl April!" Ray smiled when she heard the Siren's voice over the phone. The two would communicate occasionally but it wasn't enough. She missed the sunny woman terribly. Ray knew that she would have missed a lot of events while she was away but starting her year with April and Ramee's naked bodies on her timeline was the last thing she would have expected. She wanted to hear from the siren herself what she's been up to. The two agreed to meet up before leaving to attend the festival together.

"Just ping us your location and we'll be right there- Taco you idiot slow down! Randy is going to kill us if we crash his car!" She smiled at the loud woman who was bickering on the phone. Out of all the people in the gang she had missed April and Taco the most. Their chaotic energy was noticeably absent especially compared to her quiet cousin. 'They're not the only ones you've missed.' Ray dismissed her thoughts immediately. If she was going to come back she needed to get a hold of herself.

Mari pushed her to make a return today because everyone was too distracted with the Wuchella music festival. She suggested that if she stuck to April it would make things easier. The redhead met so many people in a day for brief periods of time that it would be easy to let enough people know she was back without giving them time to interrogate her on her absence.

Ray knew that she had been gone for a long time without telling anyone. By the time she had been ready to communicate with someone it was already too late. She felt that too much time had gone by for her to be able to reappear. She hated to admit to herself that she was still hurt by her mentor's final words to her before she left. She had been too foolish and thought herself in love. She thought that Randy would have been able to reciprocate her feelings but in end it turned out that she was wrong. Randy Bullet was looking for casual relationships with women and not being locked down forever with naive girls. Randy was comfortable with what he had with his mystery woman and there simply was no room for her.

At the time it hurt more to hear the words. The rejection felt like a hot slap in a face. Her ego was bruised and she needed time to heal her wounds. She lied to everyone that she'd gone away to search for her family but the reason wasn't nearly as important. She did spend some time with her cousin Kyrae Val but that wasn't reason enough for her long silence.