Chapter two

*Wills pov*

I zip my bag and look at Jonathan.  He nods and we walk out of our room and meet mom by the front door.

"Ready?"  Mom asks is a hushed voice.

"Yes."  Jonathan says and I nod.  We open the apartment door and leave the room.  Mom shuts the door behind us and we ran down the building stairs.  We all ran with our bags until we made it to the bus stop. 

We made it?

Jonathan let out a sigh of relief and mom smiled.  I look blankly into the blackness of the night. 

"We're...we're going back to Hawkins?"  I ask in a strained voice.

"Yes, we're going back to Hawkins."  Jonathan smiles.  I let out a sigh of relief and laugh.

After two years we were finally going back.

Wow.

____________________

*Mikes pov*

I woke up with a pounding headache.  It was around ten o'clock in the morning.  I hadn't slept in so long.  I realized it was Saturday.

Theres a knock on my door.  I groan and sit up.

"Come in."  I shout loud enough for them to hear me.  Nancy walks in with Holly.

"Hey, how are you doing?"  She asks with a small smile.

"I'm fine.  I'll be fine."  I mutter and stand up.

"It's been two years and you're still depressed.  I really think you need to talk to someone."  She says desperately.

"I'm fine.  I just miss him.  I'm worried he's unsafe, that's all."  I respond as tears threatened my eyes.

"Jonathan will look after him, you know that."  She says.

"I'm just scared."  I say while looking down.  Holly hugged me and I smiled.

"It's okay brother!"  She says in a small voice.  I laughed and hugged her back.

"I know it is.  I'm gonna get dressed.  Thank you guys though."  I smile.  Nancy nods and her and Holly leave, closing the door behind them.

I grabbed a pair of blue jeans and a red and white and yellow striped t-shirt. 

I grabbed my Walkie-Talkie off my floor and put the pole up.  I clicked the button down.

"Hey Will!  It's Mike.  Again.  I really miss you but todays different.  I don't know why.  I just have a new sense of hope.  Maybe I'm going crazy but I guess that wouldn't be a surprise.  Anyway, I just wanted to say that I miss you and I hope you come home soon.  Over."  I say in a rush, hoping he would pick up.  I listen to static for four minutes before turning my walkie off again.

I made my way downstairs to find mom and Nancy making breakfast.  Dad and Holly were sitting on the couch, Holly was reading one of her new books to him.

"Hey Mike.  Glad you're up."  Mom says with a smile.

"Yeah."  I say with a shrug.

She hands me a plate of pancakes, bacon, and eggs.  I smile and pour syrup onto my pancakes.

"Someone's in a good mood."  Mom says with a laugh.

"Today just feels like a good day."  I shrug while putting a bite of pancakes into my mouth.

____________________

*Wills pov*

We got back to our old house around ten the next morning.  Mom told us that if Bob still lived there then that's where we would stay.  And if he didn't then she would rent us a hotel room until she could contact him.