🔪❤️Teasing💜💫

Caregiver: Kaito Momota
Little: Maki Harukawa
hello!! this one was requested by Esmeswishes :) thanks for requesting! kaimaki is always a sweet ship to write for, so i hope you all enjoy it! i do want to say that this contains spoilers for danganronpa v3's second chapter. if you're not finished with the second trial in v3– it's probably better to just not read this one yet haha— just wanted to let you all know! :D take care and have a wonderful day <3
————————————————————————

Maki was certain that out of all of the times she should be regressing, it should not be right now, in the middle of the class trial.

She didn't know why she had regressed. It wasn't like murder was something that was foreign to her— and she wasn't all that close to Ryoma.

...So, why had she regressed?

Maybe the impact was beginning to hit her—hard. She had something to do with this trial— she could prove that Ryoma was still alive at nighttime, meaning that all alibis up to this point were utterly useless.

Her real Ultimate ability could very well be exposed, too. That wasn't something she needed, at all.

Yet as Kokichi grinned at her accusingly, reminding her that her and Kaito were the only people who did not have an alibi, she could not find herself able to speak. She was scared if she did, her words would come out all shaky and slurred.

She had to keep her unbothered and neutral demeanor up— Showing emotions would get you nowhere in this killing game.

"Are you two struggling to bring up the first topic?" Kokichi snickered, "In that case— allow me to offer a starting point! What about those motive videos? I'm sure those would hold some really important clues."

Maki paused. Ah... Kokichi did gather up everyone's motive video. He very well could have found out that she had Ryoma's motive video.

...That would only be more evidence pointing towards the fact that she committed this murder.

"Who got Ryoma's motive video?" Kokichi hummed in thought, his expression laced with fake confusion, "Well, hint hint, it's either Kaito or Maki! What do you think, Ultimate Detective?"

Maki averted her gaze to the floor, and it was then that she realized just how much she did not want to be here right now. She did not want to do this class trial anymore and she did not want to be a suspect anymore— because she knows she did not do it— she's absolutely positive.

...So why was she getting blamed? This wasn't fair! She just wanted to go back to her room and be alone!

"...I believe Maki had Ryoma's motive video," Shuichi said.

"Woah! And you knew that because you got Kaito's motive video, riiight?" Kokichi spoke in his sing-song voice.

It irritated Maki.

However— she knew that if she stayed quiet any longer, that would speak volumes in itself. She was being forced to prove that she did not kill Ryoma.

...She had to say something.

"J-Just... because I had Ryoma's video, doesn' mean I killed him," She said, but her voice cracked and went soft, and she cringed, "Your evidence not sufficient."

Kokichi didn't waver at her response, his grin possibly getting wider.

"Aww, are you sure, Maki? You're stuttering a lot... Look at you, you're sweating!"

"Hey!" Kaito called out, and Maki blinked, "Don't accuse Maki! I know she didn't do it— and I know I didn't do it either."

Kokichi narrowed his eyes.