Chapter 5

"Harry ! Someone's here for you !" Jay calls from the front door.

When Harry gets up from his deck chair and steps inside, Diego is already sitting in the kitchen next to Jay who's serving him some tea. She's smiling to her ears and seems very interested in whatever Harry's friend is telling her.

"Hi !" Harry hugs him and sits down to have some tea as well.

He had made it clear he wanted to be just friends and Diego had gladly accepted, agreeing that it didn't feel like before. They kept spending time together though, enjoying how comfortable they are around each other and genuinely happy to reminisce.

Harry would normally go to his house, but Diego had insisted to pick him up to go see a movie no one else wanted to see but them, a three hour documentary about satellites.

"Jay, this is my friend Diego."

"Oh I know darling, we talked before you arrived. I didn't know you could set up a tent in less than a minute, it'll come in handy if we ever go camping !" Harry panics a bit, not knowing just how much Diego shared about the summer camp days.

"Yeah, and he's the best to find great spots to set them up, kissing on rocks wouldn't have been as great !" Diego chuckles and Harry chokes on his tea.

Jay on the other hand, still looks delighted and laughs with him.

"So you two were together ? Are you..."

"Oh no ! We're just good friends now. But this cheeky chap was my first crush !" Diego winks at Harry who's wondering how long it'll take to die if he stabbed himself with a teaspoon.

"How lovely !" Jay coos and Harry's not too sure what's happening. "You have to stay for dinner tonight ! I won't take no for an answer."

"Well, if Harry is okay with it...?" Diego turns to look at his friend who's been speechless and completely lost. He masks his confusion with a smile and tries to not give hundreds of 'what' as an answer.

"Sure..."

"It's settled then ! I hope you like bouillabaisse !" Jay claps her hands in anticipation.

"I practically grew up on my dad's boat. My blood is half seafood." Diego grins and Jay beams at that. "I think we should head to the movie now, but thanks again ma'am. I'm looking forward to tasting your cuisine."

"What a lovely guy ! And please, call me Jay. I'll see you both at seven. Have fun !"

Harry is certain he's entered an alternate universe. Sure, Jay had never said anything even remotely homophobic per se, but he just thought that with Louis hiding his sexuality and her being so strict and traditional...It just made sense.

He wonders if Louis knows that, wonders if he should tell him his mom just gave him her blessing to talk about his first boyfriend. But they haven't talked in days, and he doesn't really know how to say one word to him without a thousand more begging to go out.

They make it to the movie ten minutes late, but only miss the commercials and even have enough time to grab some pop corn. The movie teaches nothing new at first so Harry leans back in his seat, and rests his feet on the empty seat in front of him, to just enjoy rediscovering everything he knows already about the moon, with another perspective.

When they go back to Harry's, the table is already set up in the dining room, changing from the usual table outside that became unusable with the rain that hasn't stopped pouring all day.

"Diego ! How are you ?!" Des greets Harry's friend, pulling him in a warm embrace before walking him all the way to the dining room as he takes news of his dad.