6

"You would change your mind at the last minute."

Brooklyn sat in her closet, packing some of she and Braylie's clothes. Kevious waited a day before the funeral to say he wanted to go.

He had talked to his therapist, whom said it would be better to go. He was attempting to ignore everything around him but she convinced him not to do that.

"I'm sorry shorty, I just needed to think."

"Great ideas you came up with."

Brooklyn luckily was able to get them plane tickets. They would be leaving later that night, she was nervous to take Braylie on a plane.

Braylie was somewhat in between a six and seven with irritably.

She just hoped it was a one on the plane.

"Q and his girl going with us, you cool with that?"

"Yes, I'll finally get to meet her."

"Yeah." Kevious said lowly eyeing his surveillance camera. He noticed two cars pulling into his driveway.

"I'll be back, stay here." He told Brooklyn while grabbing his gun. Heading out of the room, he peered in Cj's to see if he was still there.

He was sleep, Kevious closed the door and headed downstairs. Looking out of the door, he sighed deeply.

His doorbell rang multiple times before he opened it.

"Yo that shit was not necessary." He said to the older woman. She just walked into his home, her and some guy following.

"It was indeed necessary, hence the fact that your family loves to ignore everyone. Where's my grandson?"

"Took you a minute to try and find him didn't it?" Kevious rubbed his chin.

Ebony looked Kevious up and down before observing his home. She was thrown off by all the black furniture, most people are.

"I see nothing has changed...I just came to make sure he's okay, since he's decided to come live you with I brought the rest of his things."

Kevious just observed the men bringing in the bags. He could see that she brought them for protection.

He knew Ebony wasn't there just to check on Cj. The woman was evil, surprisingly it wasn't always that way.

After Keli killed her husband, Kevious and Ebony fought over custody of Cj. Kevious had to stay out of all trouble and he was going to get him.

That was until, Lauren whom appears in the first book in chapter one, fucked that up for him.

She was an informant, and although the case got dropped, she cost him his nephew.

(I think I'm going to do a chapter dedicated to that, and the situation with Noelle. What do y'all think?)

"You want to see Cj? Alright I'll go get him for you."

Kevious walked up the stairs and went into Cj's room. He was just waking up, wondering why he heard a familiar voice.

"Sound like my nana down there." He mumbled climbing out of bed.

"Yeah she is, go brush your teeth and come speak to her. She say she want to see you."

Cj sucked his teeth walking into the bathroom. Kevious waited for him, a little distracted by the strong marijuana smell.

Kevious ran a hand over his face, he was not feeling like a good guardian. Part of him didn't care if Cj smoked, but the other part was the parent in him.