Sweet treats (Fluff Oneshot)

Type: Fluff

Length: short

Ship: KiriBaku

Third person

The first time Katsuki notices it is when they're at the mall.

They're passing by a cake shop—Katsuki doesn't really have much of a sweet tooth himself, but by the looks of it, Eijirou does.

His eyes are all sparkly, like that one time Kaminari surprised him with the latest volume of a manga he loved.

His lips are slightly ajar and he might even be drooling—Katsuki can't help but to cover his mouth. Eijirou, when seen unaware like this, is way too cute.

"See something you want?" Katsuki probes.

Maybe he can buy Eijirou something for once; the redhead constantly showers him in gifts, and it's high time Katsuki gets something nice for his boyfriend.

Christmas and birthdays and their anniversary don't count; that's when a gift is expected (or at least, when Katsuki expects himself to give something).

My goal this year is to buy him surprise gifts, Katsuki thinks, pulling Eijirou into his chest.

"D'you like that one?" he asks, eyes landing on a cute strawberry shortcake that Eijirou has been staring at the longest.

His boyfriend freezes. "Nah man, just thought it was kinda weird how small it is!" Eijirou laughs, but his voice is kind of strained, like he's been caught doing something he shouldn't.

Katsuki blinks, arm sliding off the redhead's shoulders. "Okay," he says easily, nudging Eijirou's arm. "Where d'you wanna go next?"

His boyfriend happily directs him towards a sports shop, not noticing Katsuki's calm gaze.

————————————————————————

The next is when it's Yaoyorozu's birthday.

Everyone in class 3A has put their heads down to come up with the perfect birthday party.

They've got tea, confectionery, elegant tableware and a heap of presents for their resident queen.

Just as Katsuki is putting the finishing touches on Yaomomo's cake (three tiers; strawberry, chocolate and red velvet flavours; pink buttercream icing), Eijirou pokes his head into the kitchen.

"Wow," he breathes, eyes sparkling as he takes in the scrumptious cake.

"That's amazing, Katsuki. What flavour is the icing?"

Katsuki sniffs. "I put vanilla in it," he murmurs, observing the way Eijirou's eyes continue to glitter and his lips part in silent awe.

"I'll cut you a slice later," Katsuki says, thinking about the cute face Eijirou will probably make as he eats the cake.

"Oh, no; none for me, thanks," Eijirou says quickly, backing away from the table as if the cake is about to attack him.

Katsuki scowls.

"You sure?" he grits out, pointing his pallet knife at the top tier. "I put a lot of effort into this thing."

Eijirou hesitates.

Checkmate, Katsuki thinks to himself, watching as Eijirou flips through about twenty different emotions in under a minute.

He doesn't want to make his boyfriend unhappy, Katsuki thinks, not without a certain amount of smugness, but he doesn't want to eat the cake.

I'm pretty sure I know why, Katsuki thinks, placing the knife to one side as Eijirou mumbles something about needing the loo.

As his boyfriend darts out of the kitchen and disappears down the hallway, Katsuki crosses his arms.

Whoever made you believe that cute cakes and sweet things aren't manly, deserves a fist in their face, he thinks vehemently.

————————————————————————

Katsuki can't wait to see the look on his boyfriend's face.

"Katsuki? Can I take the blindfold off now?" Eijirou says, voice full of humour as his hands hover by his face.

"Okay," Katsuki agrees, waiting with bated breath as Eijirou unties the white blindfold.

The redhead stays silent for several seconds, eyes widening with each passing moment as his jaw drops.

"Katsuki..." is all he can manage, cheeks rosy as he stares at the feast laid out before him.

Katsuki grins, eyes gleaming as he takes in Eijirou's wowed expression.

He's prepared cakes and sweets of all kinds: Victoria sponge, eclairs, chocolate fudge cake, profiteroles, and more.

Eijirou's eyes keep flicking from one dessert to another, absent-mindedly licking his lips as he does so.

"They're all for you, Red," Katsuki murmurs.

He tugs Eijirou into his side. "Cakes are for everyone, yeah? You, me, spark-plug, horse-face, Barbie—everyone. Manly people too," he says, somewhat awkwardly.

Eijirou buries his face in Katsuki's shoulder, exhaling so that the blond can feel the warm puff of air.

"Thanks, babe," Eijirou whispers.

Katsuki's face heats up. "Yeah, yeah. No need to mention it," Katsuki says brusquely, tugging the plate with a red velvet cake on it towards them.

Carefully, he cuts a large slice, sliding it onto a plate he brought with him earlier.

"For you, Ei. Happy anniversary," Katsuki mumbles, kissing his boyfriend's cheek.

Eijirou squeaks, hiding his face. "Katsuki! You can't just—augh!" Eijirou complains, but his tone is completely void of any irritation.

"I love you," Eijirou sighs, sliding an arm around Katsuki's shoulders.

"Love you too," Katsuki smiles, taking a profiterole. "Now, eat your damn cake. I'm tired of watching you stare at the bakery display window!"

Eijirou gives him a guilty look.

"Whoops!"

Words: 840