Summer Bike Rides

Prompt this is based off of:

Person A: "Get down from there!"
Person B: *Up in something* "No way!"
Person A: "I'm going to call the police."
Person B: "Go ahead, I'll fight them."
Person A: "I have cookies."
Person B: *Gets down and grabs cookies* "I totally would've fought them."
Person A: "I know you would."

—————————-

"Slow down, you shithead!" Eddie yelled.

Richie Tozier and Eddie Kaspbrak were biking around their town of Derry, Maine, avoiding the clutches of what remains of Bowers' gang, and enjoying the little bit of time they had left before school started up again. Since they didn't have to worry about any murderous, killing clowns anymore—at least, not for another 27 years; not that they wanted to think about that, though—they wanted to actually have some fun doing what they did best: having fun, acting like kids, and spending time with one another. Not that they would ever admit to the last one.

Richie looked back at Eddie, and smirked. "That's not what your mom was saying last-"

"Beep-beep, Richie!"

Richie laughed and looked forward again while biking. Him and Eddie were finally able to find some time to hang out outside. Mrs. K had been much more strict on letting Eddie outdoors after the whole breaking-his-arm and placebos incident. She definitely didn't ease up on her restrictions when she knew Richie was the one he wanted to hang out with.

She never liked the kid, and her hatred of Richie Tozier tripled when Eddie broke his arm, despite the fact that he profusely told his mother it wasn't Richie's fault. He made up a bullshit lie and stuck with it because it's not like he could tell her the actual truth.

Anyway, Eddie was safe for today because his mother happened to relent fairly easily to his pleas to go outside, with the promise that he would be careful with his cast. Sonia still tried to get him to take his pills with him—'Even after she knows that I know they're fucking bullshit?! What the actual fuck?!'— and to avoid confrontation or anymore arguments between them, he did just that. He had no plans of using them, though, and stuffed them into his fanny pack and got onto his bike.

"Where the fuck are we even going, Richie," Eddie yelled from a little bit behind. Richie was biking faster than he was so he was having trouble trying to get his attention.

Fortunately for Eddie, Richie heard him. "Just a little bit further, my dear Eddie Spaghetti."

Richie could practically hear the eye roll that came from Eddie. "Don't call me Eddie Spaghetti."

"Don't lie, you love it when I call you that!"

"No, I don't!"

Just then, Richie started slowing down and got off his bike, carelessly throwing it to the side, and running off in the direction of the woods. Eddie hurried up to follow, but his attempt to stand his bike up was useless as it just fell over once he walked away.

"Richie, wait for me, dipshit! I can't catch up!"

"Hurry up," Richie yelled back at him, bolting in the direction of the groups of trees.