CHAPTER 29

Siri's POV

Heartbroken.

Empty.

Lost.

That's how I felt when he told me I was nothing to him.

I just stood there with a blank expression on my face, arms hanging by my side.

I went completely numb.

I didn't say anything to him and just turned around and walked back to my car. Namjoon followed after me.

I drove home without saying anything. Namjoon didn't say anything either. He just kept glancing at me every few seconds in worry, then moved his tail onto my lap where I was resting my left hand and left it there for me to pat.

I patted his tail and gave an empty smile and looked ahead as there was total silence between us.

My mind, on the other hand, was going crazy.

I tried to reason with myself that Jungkook was just drunk and didn't mean those things. Hell, he slurred half of what he said. There's no way he meant it all.

But he said those last words very clearly, no slurring.

Then I thought about that quote, 'a drunk mind speaks a sober heart'. It means that when people are drunk, they lose their inhibitions and allow themselves to speak their true thoughts and feelings.

Which means Jungkook really felt that way...

I am not his family.

I am not his Noona.

I am not his mate.

I am nothing to him.

Suddenly, I knew what I had to do.

As I parked my car in front of our apartment, I stayed sitting in it to make a phone call. Joonie was still sitting next to me, curiosity on his face, his tail still in my lap as I was mindlessly stroking it.

Riiing...

Riiiing....

Riiing...

"Hello?"

"Hi... Parris? It's Serena....

Is it too late to accept your offer?"

>>>>>