A stray howled

Lexa was in a session with Dr Roan. They were both sitted in front of a blank screen projected on the wall.

"Everything just feels so out of control." Lexa confessed. "I don't remember who I am, who I was. Whatever life I had is gone... shattered into a million tiny pieces. Sometimes it's hard to breathe."

"I have something I'd like to try." Roan said, taking Lexa out of her reverie. "It's called a Rorschach test, and it's designed to analyze personality characteristics and emotional functioning. But with your amnesia, my hope is that the ethereal nature of the images might provoke another memory. So, tell me what you see when you look at these."

A first image appeared.

"A spider web. Is that right ?" Lexa asked, unsure.

"There's no right or wrong. Let's try another one, shall we ?"

The next picture would probably make anyone think of a ladybug but not Lexa. She got the same flashback, the one in the shooting range.

"A target." She answered this time. "Have they told you they think I might be a Navy SEAL ?"

"They have, yes."

"I only have one memory of training in the woods, but didn't seem very official."

"SEAL training is very... unconventional. So, that actually makes sense. Let's try another one, shall we ?"

---

"Morning bro." Clarke said entering her kitchen.

"Oh, damn it, did we wake you ?" Aden said, making breakfast. "I got an apartment broker scheduled for tomorrow. We'll be out of your hair in no time, I promise."

"There's no rush, Aden. Huh, what is that supposed to be ?" Clarke said, picking up a stiff piece in her plate.

"It's a pancake, all right ?"

"Mm-hmm. Morning, munchkin." Clarke said, messing Madi's hair up who was focused on a video game.

"Morning, Aunt Clarke." Aden pushed.

"Morning." The 6-year-old said.

"So, Mom called last night. Just wanted to know if you were gonna go back for Becca's memorial this year."

"No, I've got too much going on at work. She shouldn't be going to that memorial either. Makes people uncomfortable."

"Yeah, well, that's their problem."

"Yeah. Look, just think about it, okay ?"

"Bye munchkin."

"Bye." Madi said.

---

Clarke and Lexa were in the gym on the training mats.

"I don't wanna hurt you." Lexa said.

"You won't." Clarke reassured. "Come on, hands up. Here we go. Start swinging."

Clarke swung her left arm to Lexa's right shoulder and then threw a punch to her chest. Lexa counterattacked with a hook. Clarke blocked it and pushed her by the throat.

"All right ?"

"Again." Lexa said, building up confidence.

---

"Her body is covered in cryptic symbols, map pieces, riddles. Whoever did this to her has a very specific goal in mind and what that goal is remains a mystery." Raven said to Clarke. "I have my best people on it, but this information is so varied and so dense, it could take years to decode."