Chapter 14: Burn

TW: mention of anxiety attack, mention of violence, suggestion of non-consenting sexual relations
The suggestion of a non-consenting relation is at the beginning of the chapter, at the end of the italic part. Nothing is described, only one sentence suggests it. Advance cautiously or skip the last dialogue!

Timeline : Saturday to Monday, November

Enjoy !

____________________

Count to two while inhaling, then exhale for three seconds. Repeat.

He was washing the plates from the diner they had just had. His hands were trembling madly and he tried to breathe, but he couldn't help it.

His eyes slipped on his bare arms, where the bruises were already beginning to bloom. It was funny how some of them were long, finger-like, which came to encircle his arm. By reflex, he carried his fingers on them, caressing them, before pressing them lightly. He drew a grimace. He knew perfectly well that it would hurt, as all previous times.

An insult flew into the living room, followed by a laugh. He discreetly turned his head, to observe the other person in the apartment with him. He was a young man, sitting at a small desk at the back of the room. He was focused on the computer screen that was in front of him, while the mouse clicked furiously.

He quickly looked away, lest the other noticed that he was being observed. Quickly finishing the dishes, he wiped his hands, before leaving the kitchen.

His steps made no noise. He used to walk quietly, with the tip of his foot first. The heel was too noisy. He moved cautiously into the living room, skirting the sofa. From the corner of his eye, he watched over the other. He was now walking behind his back, gently moving towards the hallway leading to the bedroom and bathroom. Once he had made more than half the way, he allowed himself to look away.

He had almost reached the corridor.

"Where are you going?"

He straightened up, turning to the desk, where the young man was turned towards him. He had lowered his headphones, while his game was put on pause. His eyebrows were furrowed. He really wasn't happy.

"I was going... I was just going to shower."

"No".

"But-"

"I said no." The other one grumbled. "You'll go after. I have other plans for you now that you've finished the dishes."

He felt a chill through his body as the other was now moving towards him. He forced himself not to step back, knowing that it would only trigger problems.

A hand landed on his arm, going up along the skin until the man in front of him held him by the neck.

"What if we went to our bedroom?" The other asked in a falsely sweet voice.

"I'm not sure that-"

"Oh, but Jeongin." The other one cut him off. "I didn't ask for your opinion."

A hand touched his shoulder, triggering him. He raised his head, his eyes leaving his shoes, as he stepped back.

In front of him was Seungmin, a worried expression painted on his face. He had also stepped back and raised his arms.

"I'm sorry! I didn't want to touch you without your permission, but I called you several times and you weren't reacting."