Chapter 9

"get out of here it's too dangerous!" Shadow said glaring at the azure hedgehog "calm down shads- shadow look out!"  Sonic yelled looking behind the ebony metal sonic had gotten up again and was about to attack shadow.

Shadow quickly looked behind him metal sonics fist close to his face about to punch him-
~~~

Shadow wasn't fast enough to dodge and got hit hard enough for him to be smashed into the ground but he was able to quickly get up, sonic wanted to help his dark counterpart but was busy trying to get the other robots to interfere with the battle once shadow had gotten up the two were at each other's throats both sending chaos spears each others way destroying anything that comes between the fight, shadow chaos controlled behind his target and restrained metal down his face in the dirt struggling to get up.

Shadow summoned a chaos spear and directly sent it through the robot's head making it no longer able to move "nice job shads!" Sonic said destroying the last robot shadow smirked and walked over to the blue hero "are you okay does your body still hurt" shadow asked scanning the blue hedgehog for any injuries "I should be asking you that, are you alright?" Sonic said "I'm fine, but you didn't answer my question" shadow said lifting sonics arm to look at the blue one's stitches "I'm okay, I have fights like this all the time I can handle it" sonic said slightly embarrassed "we should go back" shadow said "but what about Eggman?" Sonic asked "dont worry about him I've already solved that problem, he wont be messing with you for a long time" shadow smirked and grabbed sonics hand "how about i get you some new gloves, your hands must be cold" shadow said as sonic blushed "yeah, it is getting pretty cold"

Sonic said shadow didn't say anything and just started to take his gloves off and put them on the blue hedgehogs hands "shadow you don't have to.." " i know, but i want to" shadow said and picked the azure hedgehog up bridal style sonic yelped the sudden action startling him so he held on tightly to the dark one, shadow smirked and started up his rocket shoes and skated off.

Once they reached town shadow came to a stop "shadow! Sonic!" A two tailed kit called out to the two hedgehogs "tails!" Sonic said "are you okay, you didn't get hurt again did you?" The worried fox said while knuckles was standing in the back just not caring "im fine little buddy, dont worry about me shadow was the one that did all the work" sonic said "thats good, thank you shadow" tails said giving the dark hedgehog a warm smile "hey boys~" rouge called out landing next to shadow and amy going to talk to tails and knuckles sonic could hear the pink hedgehog giggling from afar which confused the blue hedgehog "seems like you two are getting along well~" rouge said laughing slightly.

It took a while for sonic to process what she was talking about and then he remembered "uh shadow can you put me down now?" Sonic said embarrassed shadow seemed a little disappointed but still did as he was told "aw dont feel to embarrassed blue we wont judge~" rouge teased making sonic blush even more shadow smirked slightly at the blue ones actions "ooh~ shadow your smiling i didn't know you could do that" rouge said shadow just growled in response "hey you guys me and tails had a great idea why dont we throw a party at my house to celebrate" amy said running over to the three mobians "that sounds great Amy it sounds fun" sonic said trying to change the subject.

"When is it?" Rouge asked bringing her attention to the pink hedgehog "i was thinking we could head there together" amy said "alright then, but i think we should tell everyone that they dont need to hide anymore? They dont seem like they'll come out anytime soon" sonic said making amy giggle shadow just lowly growled while the two and their other friends left to talk to the civilians before they headed to the pink hedgehogs home to celebrate the victory of defeating Eggman.

"Jealous much" rouge said wearing a wide smirk on her face in response of the dark ones actions "hmph" is all shadow responded with and followed behind the hero's "don't be like that shadow we all know whats going on no need to hide it" rouge said walking beside shadow "so tell me are you two dating like i said theres no need to hide it" rouge continued "thats none of your business bat" shadow said rouge looked at the ebony still waiting for an actual answer.

Shadow sighed "no" he responded "huh?! Why not?" Rouge said "i dont know" shadow said sounding annoyed "well if it's because your having a hard time i can help you" rouge said getting shadows attention "how" shadow said rouge smiled "well if your asking then I'll tell you, all you gotta do is just suck it up and tell him how you feel, it's already pretty obvious he likes you though" rouge said saying the last part to herself shadow didn't respond and thought about it, it was easier said than done he knew that sonic could feel the same way but there is always something that could go wrong "achoo" the sound of the azure hedgehog sneezing snapped the dark one out of his thought "sonic are you ok?" Amy asked the blue hedgehog.

"Yeah im fine, just a little cold" sonic replied shadow moved slightly closer so they were a few steps apart sonic hadn't noticed until he suddenly felt better he no longer felt cold and his body hurt less overall it felt calming sonic looked behind him to see shadow who was emitting chaos energy, the ebony looked the azure one in the eyes and smiled making sonic quickly turn his head back around and turn beat red "oh~ look at you~" rouge teased shadow just crossed his arms and looked away slightly smiling.

Sorry i took so long i started right when my phone charged it took me a while but i did do it its just my brain couldn't process what i wanted to happen in this chapter but luckily i already came up with another book idea while i was writing this so yay!😁