Prologue

"We're here, agassi," the taxi driver told her while stopping the taxi. Hae Eun quickly looked out of the window. A quite big white house is waiting for her. The house looks very peaceful, and she was so happy. This is where she's going to live in for the next three years.

The driver opened the door for her, and she walked out from the car. "Thank you very much, Ahjussi," she said as she smiled genuinely and paid for the taxi.

She dragged her suitcase along with her while walking towards the white door. The door opened, and her aunt appeared. "Hae Eun-ah! It's been a long time since we last met," her aunt greeted her. "Auntie! I missed you so much," Hae Eun hugged her aunt.

"Come in, I've prepared your room," Aunt said. Hae Eun followed her aunt inside, and upstairs, to her room. "This is your room, sweetheart," her aunt opened the door and let Hae Eun look into her room.

The sweet strawberry scent was smelled as soon as she came in. The walls were covered by peach-colored wallpapers, and her bed was covered in white floral beddings. She had a large window facing to the garden with white curtains covering it. She also had two bookshelves, a huge closet, and a desk all to herself. "Wow, what a beautiful room," she gasped in disbelief, "thank you very much for preparing these things for me, Auntie."

Her aunt patted her head lightly. "You're welcome, Hae Eun. You're my only niece, what wouldn't I do for you? Now I think you should rest, you must be tired from the long trip." she said. "Oh, and later, you should meet your cousin. He goes to the same school as the one you're going to attend. Right now, he's still practicing music with his friends, and maybe he'll come home late.. He's always busy." her aunt added.

"Huh? I had a cousin?" Hae Eun asked confusedly.

"You don't remember Chanyeol?" Aunt questioned back.

Hae Eun shook her head as a reply. She really didn't remember.

"Oh, you were still around two years old when we brought him along with us to visit you, maybe that's why you didn't remember him. Well, you guys are only two years apart, I think the two of you will get along well." Aunt smiled at her. "Okay then, you could rest. Don't forget, you'll attend school tomorrow, so you should prepare for it too. I'll call you when dinner's ready." she added.

Hae Eun nodded thankfully, then she entered her room and directly lay down on her puffy bed without unpacking first.

She laid down on her bed while thinking, just like how she used to do.

She came all the way from the peaceful Jeju Island to the crowded Seoul to study, since she once heard that there's a very good school in Seoul which she thinks will suit her a lot. The school supports her talents, and that's exactly what she needs. Well, she really likes to read, write, and study, but she was overly-dosed with lessons all these times. Somehow, she also wants to show the world that she has talents, too.

But there's one thing that make her worried; whether she will find friends or not. Back in Jeju, she only had one best friend. They were really close to each other, and when they separate, she was afraid of not having a friend as good as her. It took her a quite long time to make friends with people, especially if they didn't approach her first.

But Auntie said that I have a cousin, maybe he will help me on my first days, she thought. Well, she didn't expect too much from him, though. Her aunt said that he's busy and maybe he's not going to give any help.

With those random thoughts on her head, she fell asleep.

***

"Hae Eun? It's dinner time," her aunt called her.

Hae Eun quickly get up from her bed. "Oh, okay, auntie, I'll be there in a minute," she said. She took a bath and get dressed, then she went downstairs to eat.

"Good evening, Uncle and Aunt," she spoke formally as she sat on one of the chairs in the dining room.

"Oh, annyeong, Hae Eun-ah. Welcome to Seoul," her uncle said with a friendly smile.

"Thank you, Uncle." she giggled while starting to eat.

The foods Aunt cooked were delicious, it made her felt as if her mom is around her, since it tastes like her mom's food.

"So, Hae Eun, you're going to attend the same school as the one Chanyeol attends, right?" Uncle asked.

"Well... I think so, Auntie told me that." she answered.

Her uncle nodded. "School will start tomorrow. You've prepared your schoolbag and your books, haven't you?"

"I-I brought them with me, but I haven't unpacked them yet... I'll prepare them after dinner," she shyly responded. People had always thought of her as a smart yet diligent person, but she admitted to herself that she isn't actually as diligent as what people thought.

"Oh, I see. Anyway, you haven't met your cousin yet, huh? I think he's coming home late today, so maybe you'll see him tomorrow." her uncle said. "Well, good luck on your first day, kid. Study well, okay? I know you can do it."

"Of course, Uncle, thank you very much," she said. "Auntie, thank you for the dinner, it's very delicious. I think.. I'll prepare for tomorrow's materials now." Hae Eun said.

Her uncle and aunt nodded while smiling at the innocent and polite girl.

So she went upstairs to her room, and started to prepare her uniform and books. After that, she went to bed, carrying her thoughts with her.

Is my first day going to be fun? Well, I hope so, she thought.

***
A/N
Annyeong readers! So this is the prologue of the story, and this chapter haven't had a dialogue for EXO in it, just yet.. but at least we mentioned Chanyeol 😄 We promise, they'll appear in the next chapters. Anyway.. please vote n comment! It'll mean so much to us^^ thanks!!

XOXO,
Grace & Jeanne