Familial Love

Henry saw his Aunt making her way down from the helm. Though he'd only met her a few times in person a few times the constant stories told by his parents and regular letters had made it seem almost as if she were there.

Regardless even in the short time they spent together she'd always made it clear she cared for him.

*flashback*

Ten-year-old Henry stood by the seaside with his parents.

"Nearly time," said his father checking his watch. As if called by his father's words a giant ship burst from beneath the water and floated towards them. The gangplank was lowered and a woman with red hair stepped out.

"Cissy!" exclaimed his mother running to meet the woman halfway. They embraced tightly and the woman he knew to be his Aunt laughed as she came nearer.

"Missed me that much eh?"

"Of course, we did Cissa," chuckled Henry's father also embracing her.

"Hello, Will," said the woman before turning to Henry and crouching down.

"Hello, Henry, I'm your Aunt Narcissa." Her smile was warm and Henry smiled back excited to get to know this woman who had been very much a legend up until now.

"Hello," he said.

"I brought you something." she said and held out a woven leather bracelet.

"Please tell me you didn't steal that off a dead man," quipped his father as Henry examined the bracelet. His Aunt snorted.

"I'm a pirate not a resurrectionist." Then she winked at him.

"Made in Singapore," she said. Henry looked in awe at having an object from so far away.

"Now I've got twenty-four hours and I want to hear everything you three have been up to." She took Henry's hand and they headed back to the Turner's house.

*End Flashback*

They'd spent that day entire day swapping stories and playing pirate with his Aunt. Consequently, Henry had been quite sad when she had to leave. Luckily, he'd only had to wait five years before seeing her again as she'd returned to drop off his grandfather Bootstrap Bill, who's tenure on the Dutchman had ended.

*flashback*

Spotting the Dutchman from the cliff Henry ran to get his parents and the family hurried down to the docks. His grandfather disembarked and after a slightly emotional reunion the older man said.

"The Captain said she'd be quite pleased to see you if you'd care to come on board."

"Can we Mother?" asked Henry excitedly having never actually been on a pirate ship. His mother smiled.

"Certainly," her confirmation was all Henry needed to rocket up the gangplank and into his Aunt's waiting arms.

"Hello Henry!" his Aunt laughed.

"Auntie Cissa!" He said having picked up his father's nickname for the red headed woman

"How have you been?" she asked once they pulled apart.

"Very well. Father's been teaching me how to swordfight!" exclaimed Henry.

"Well, I know from experience he's a good teacher," grinned his Aunt. "What do you think of the Dutchman?"

"It's amazing!" said Henry in awe of the huge ship.

"Would you care for a tour?" she asked and Henry's face lit up.

"Yes please!"

She'd taken him all around the ship explaining how things worked and even letting him pretend to steer the ship. Before he had to leave she paused pulling something from her belt.