Say You Love Me Before You Go

The end of the world, which may or may not happen, is only twenty four hours away and here Moonshine is, laying out under the stars with Jaina Bronzebeard. It's definitely not what she expected but she wouldn't change anything.

Jaina isn't saying anything, in her defense she's still trying to catch her breath. Usually she wouldn't do it this way. There would be months of spending time together, wining and dining. However, this was maybe the end of the world and Jaina isn't taking any regrets with her. She rolls slightly, to catch a glance at Moonshine.

The elf is smiling, only slightly out of it as she watches the stars. She can't believe she hadn't thought of doing this before. Jaina just watches, tentatively reaches out a hand to grasp Moonshine's. The touch makes the elf flinch and Jaina is quick to retract her hand, embarrassed.

It's a reflex, Moonshine rushes to take Jaina's hand holding it tight. "Sorry about that, was just thinking."

"Thinking about what?" Jaina questions. She figures it's about Thiala, or about what they've just done. Either way, Jainas curious.

"Thinking about how if the world does end, which I really hope doesn't happen, this will have been the perfect way to spend my last few days." Moonshine's smile widens when she speaks and Jaina feels her face redden.

"I know you guys are going to defeat Thiala. We're all going to be here when do." Jaina props herself up, using an arm for support while she looks down at Moonshine. "If anyone can do it, it's you guys."

Moonshine knows there's equal chance of victory and failure this time, however she lets herself be optimistic. "We'll defeat her and after it's all said and done I hope we'll be right back here."

Jaina sucks in a breath, hesitating for a moment before leaning down and kissing Moonshine once again. If this is going to be the only night she can spend with Moonshine, she's going to treasure it. There's a tension between them when Jaina pulls back. Jaina knows she should have done this sooner and if there is a world after tomorrow she'll live and regret it, but for now, for now there's nothing but her, Moonshine, Hardwon and Beverly.

Wait-

In the distance Jaina can see Hardwon and Beverly approaching, along with a small group of other people. It's not hard to hear them as they stride closer.

"So you were a duck?" Beverly asks, voice loud enough to be heard by Moonshine, drawing the elf's attention.

"I was a lot of things, Beverly."

Upon seeing Hardwon, Jaina glanced back at Moonshine, realizing their situation.

"Oh gods, uh. I can't, I cannot let Hardwon see my like this. This was great, I mean more than great." Jaina stumbled, grabbing the few things she had come with, stumbling as she picked herself up off the grass. "Good luck, be careful, all that stuff...thanks." Jaina rushed as she darted in the other direction of the incoming group.

Moonshine couldn't help but chuckle as she turned back to her teammate, smiling fondly up at them. "Hey guys."

"Looks like you had a good night." Hardwon teased, watching Jaina shamefully sprinting away. "You really know how to pick 'em, Moonshine." He teased.

"That I do, shes great."

-=-=-=-=-=-

The next morning Moonshine wakes with her friends, hero's feast already started and the right mindset for the impending day. There's a letter that's set in the mess of her cooking supplies, from Jaina. Her thank you letter.