To You [A]

"Hi, Renjun. I'm sorry it took me so long to visit you. You make think of it as an excuse, but..I was worried that I wouldn't know what to say." The sun shone brightly through the blackened curtains. "The weather's really nice today. I know how much to love sunshine. I'll open the curtains for you." Jaemin got up, opening the curtains as he did so, allowing the sunlight to shine into the room.

"I'm sorry I didn't pick up my phone last time you called. I haven't forgiven myself since that day. I was a stubborn fool and didn't get to hear what you wanted to say to me. Had I known that would be the last time you'd try to talk to me, I would've picked up." Jaemin chuckled dryly. 

"I'm graduating from university this year. I know you always wanted us to graduate together. It's too bad you had to leave the school early. I'm sure you could've graduated at the top of our class."

"I dyed my hair recently. Black was getting kind of boring, so it's blue now. You'd probably say I looked like a blueberry or a smurf. You always loved teasing me."

"I worked hard to study after you left. I shouldn't have waited until you left to start, but my grades went up a lot. I'm going to be the best lawyer in Korea!"

"Everyone else is doing great too. Mark moved back to Canada and is working as an author. His books are really good and I'm not even a big fan of reading. Donghyuck took singing lessons and does a few gigs now. He's actually gaining a lot of popularity as a singer. Jeno owns a dog cafe and Chenle and Jisung are in university too."

"Oh! That's right! Jisung and Chenle started dating a few months ago! Can you believe it? The way they're always bickering I would've never imagined they liked eachother romantically, but again I'm not very good at sensing those things."

"I haven't moved on since you left. It's always been you and that won't ever change. I wish I could see you again. I miss you so much it hurts. Every passing day, every passing second, I'm always thinking about you. Not for a single second have I forgotten about you and it's driving me nuts. No matter how many times I apologize, nothing's going to bring you back. I know that, but everyone still kepps reminding me that you're gone for good."

"I'm sorry I wasn't there during your last moments. I should've run over the second you called me. I shouldn't have argued with you that morning before you left. I was supposed to be the one driving that car, but it was you who got hurt instead of me, because of my stupidity."

"Even if you ever came back, don't forgive me. You can't ever forgive me for being the way I was. I'll come back again soon, okay? Make sure to rest well until the next time I visit."

"Also, I um.." Jaemin cleared his throat, holding back tears. "I never got to say it that day, but I wanted to say that I loved you too." Jaemin got up from where he was sitting, walking to the door of Renjun's shrine.

"That was everything I've been wanting to say to you. Rest in peace, my angel."