One

Chapter One | Biram

3RD POV

It was a cold night in Daeho as winter started to set in. The mages at Cheonbugwan are now working with little time on their hands after the sudden death of their senior mage, Cho Chung. It's been 3 days since his soul shifted and 2 days since the Gwanju had left for a personal reason. Left behind to take care of any matters that would happen, Jin Mu has been assigned as the Assistant Gwanju by Jang Kang himself without knowing of his pupil's secret plans.

"Twins? You say?" Jin Mu asked after taking a sip from his cup of tea.

"Yes, sir," one of the mages of Cheonbugwan replied back, "One male and one female."

The young Assistant Gwanju placed his cup of tea back on the table and said, "Since both of them had their gate of energy closed... We can just take his daughter. It'd be a hassle if we took Jang Kang's son as he is the Jang Clan's eldest child."

"When should I bring her to you, sir?"

"It'd be better if this happens tonight. Make sure no one sees you, understood?"

"Yes, sir."

The mage then bowed his head before leaving his master. Jin Mu looked away from his cup of tea and stared into the distance. He then smirked to himself as his plan of taking one of the late King's children and working alongside Shaman Choi is turning out well.

"Songrim won't know what is coming their way," he muttered under his breath before letting out a short laugh.

"This is Jang Kang's daughter," Jin Mu spoke up with the baby girl in his arms.

Shaman Choi took a quick look at the little thing and grinned. "No one saw your man take her?" She asked, making sure that their plan won't fail at its first stage.

The Assistant Gwanju shook his head, earning a relieved sigh from his ally. Then he asked, "Where should I bring her?" 

"For now... Raise her in Danhyanggok," the female shaman answered.

Jin Mu raised an eyebrow, surprised. "With Naksu?" 

"I believe these two will help us with our future plans..." the young woman replied back, looking at the baby again, "My, my... She does look like her mother. Too bad, she won't be staying here to be adored and admired by everyone."

Then she added, "What was her birth name?"

Jin Mu thought about it and remembered. "I heard she was named after the word 'thunder'."

"Hmm... Noyi. Jang Noyi. And her brother?"

"It's Wook."

"Meaning sunrise... Tsk, Jang Kang surely has a way with names," Shaman Choi pointed out. "Because of the King's Star, he named the late King's child with the meaning of a brand new day. But for the daughter, he named her as if she's her twin brother's downfall."