Ch. 3 - Moronic Makebates

I was awoken by my father repeatedly flicking my lights on and off. I looked at him and could vaguely see him standing there, probably to make sure I woke up. When he sees me look at him, he stops messing with the lights and shuts the door.

After dad left my room, I sigh as I stare up at the ceiling. After a minute, I sat up and scooted to the edge of my bed, and stretched until I hear my back crack. Then as I rub my eye with one hand as I reached for my glasses with the other, grabbing them off of my desk and slide them on my face. Then I grab my hearing aids and slide them in my ears.

I sit there for a second, waiting for my eyes and ears to adjust before I grab my liner from my desk and slide it on my leg, doing the same with my seal. Then I grab my prosthetic leg and slide it on as well. Then I grab my forearm crutch and hobble to the bathroom to get ready for school.

After getting ready, I grabbed my backpack from my room and headed to the dining room. There, I saw dad frantically packing his bag for work. "You have to leave early today?"

Upon hearing my voice, dad turned to me with a smile. "Ya, I've got some important paperwork I've got to get done before my shift." He then proceeded to put on his steel-toed boots, tying the laces as he spoke. "I made some egg bread, it's in the oven."

"Ok, thank you." I hobbled over to the oven and opened it to grab breakfast. Then I sat down at the table to eat. As I ate, I watched as dad got ready. When he was done, he got up from the chair he was sitting on. "Alright, I'm going now." Then dad came over to me and gave me a quick kiss on the head.  "Have a good day at school, okay?"

I nodded my head, yes, as I stuffed my face with the egg bread he made. As he walked to the door, I told him to "have a good day too and come home safely." He responded with an 'I will' and an 'I love you too, kiddo' before quickly running out the door. 

I quickly ate breakfast and made my lunch before putting on my shoes, grabbing my mask, and heading out. I locked the door before walking the same path to school as yesterday. And sadly, just like yesterday, there was Daniel also locking his door. Seeing him instantly caused my face to sag with exhaustion. I cursed at myself forgetting that he lived near me.

However, pretty boy had the opposite reaction when he saw me. He seemed to visibly brighten in all sense of the word, causing me to internally groan.

My mood became more irritable when we got to school. Lucky for all these bitches, I know how to hide it. But why, you may ask, is my mood sour? Well, because like yesterday, all the girls seemed to love to ogle at oblivious pretty boy Daniel. I briefly looked at him to see that he was lost in thought. Fucking idiot.

When we got to the classroom, I could hear senseless chatter about fuck knows what. It was none of my business anyway. I just wanna get to my seat. 

Daniel stood in front of the door which was pissing me off. The giant just stood there as some idiots from inside the classroom talked to him. Then I suddenly felt something off. I snapped my head up at Daniel, sensing an air of seriousness from him. Damn, didn't know he could be serious. Thought he was just an airhead.

But when he didn't move, my surprise quickly vanished and was replaced by anger again. I internally sigh as I gently tap his back with the back of my hand and I spoke in a quiet voice. "Move it, pretty boy."

My action seemed to startle Daniel, causing him to jump a little. He hastily moved farther into the classroom, blushing with embarrassment as he spoke. "Sorry, Lucky. I got lost in thought."