8

JUNGKOOK POV

"I can't believe how long it's been since we played a game together."

Guk shook the Scrabble tiles out of the banana-shaped bag

"I can't believe how excited I am to beat you."

I grinned Bananagrams was our family game.

It was kind of like fast Scrabble without a board.

Mom and I always lost because we would get fixated on words that we liked.

Guk and Mom were ruthlessly practical able to throw away totally wonderful words so of course they usually won.

Jimin plopped down beside Guk on the couch across from me then handed us each a beer.

"It's your first time playing drinking Bananagrams though am I right?"

Guk had apparently taught him the game when they lived together in college and I wasn't surprised to hear of Jimin's innovation.

I usually hated drinking games and that sort of thing but something about drinking along to Bananagrams for a few rounds was just silly enough to win me over.

We all pulled our tiles across the coffee table and a minute later we jumped into the game.

Immediately, high school memories came flooding back to me.

Our family of four would crowd around the dining room table and all yell and laugh while we played with the tiles.

We still pulled it out when we were all together but back in those last years when we all lived under the same roof, it was a regular feature in a very happy life.

I fussed with my tiles and tried to find a way to make chocolate and cake both work with my hand while Jimin and Guk plowed ahead forcing me to pick up more pieces.

When it was all done I was in last place which meant I had to finish my beer.

Jimin got up to grab me another one and I caught myself watching him jog to the kitchen as I gulped the last of it down.

I shot my eyes back to Guk. "Do you think Jimin would fall for the trick?"

The trick was our childhood codeword for pretending to be each other.

When we put some effort into it, pretty much no one but our moms could tell us apart.

Guk chuckled as he gathered the tiles. 

"I'd have to get a wig."

I tossed my hair back. "And I'd have to lose this."

"You're right, It wouldn't be worth it."

"I grabbed a few," Jimin said as he returned, beers in his hands.

"I plan on winning."

We dived back into the game and I hummed along to the music as I played with my tiles not really hurrying at all.

When the song switched and an old song hit came up on the random shuffle, Jimin started to tap his foot which made me grin to myself.

I arranged the tiles into a word Cute,Then I messed the arrangement up again.

I was trying to decide if Bogart counted as a word when guk completed his board.

A quick glance at Jimin confirmed I was in last place and I looked to the waiting beer bottle with trepidation.

"I don't know if I can chug another beer," I said, a hand over my belly.

Just drinking one beer fast already made me kind of lightheaded.