Chapter 8

-Grace POV-

We were inside the van with Helen stretched and attached to the jet inside the rocket ship. We were sitting by the window which had a table as I sat next to Vi and across from Dash. Dash asks, "Are we there yet?" Bob says, "We get there when we get there." We hear him open the window as the air blows inside creating papers flying all over the place as he yells out to Helen, "How you doing, honey?" "Do I have to answer?" He closes the window again as we see Metroville city right ahead as Bob says to us, "Kids, strap yourselves down like I told you." We look at each other and take our places putting our seatbelts on as we are diving down. Bob opens the window again yelling, "Here we go, honey. Ready, Victor?" Vi nods as Bob continues, "Ready? Now!" Vi presses the button causing the jet to open in half releasing Helen as she comes inside through the passenger window as Bob then says to all of us, "This is gonna be rough." 

We watch as we are coming down onto the freeway landing harshly as we all jolted. We crash into a few cars but get the van steady as Bob says, "Robot's in the financial district. Which exit?" Helen answers, "Traction Avenue." "That'll take me downtown. I take Seventh, don't I?" "Don't take Seventh!" He swerves again not taking seventh as he looks at Helen, "Great, we missed it." "Ask how to get there. I told you. Exit on Traction." "That'll take me downtown." "It's coming up. Get in the right lane! Signal!" "We don't exist in Traction!" "You're gonna miss it!" Bob yells and we all swerve again into Traction as we hit the railings go through a red light barely missing cars and trucks. I yelp with Vi holding my hand as Bob tried to stop the van as presses the breaks and turns the wheel right as we turn right causing the van to flip over many times until we parked right between two cars and a meter. When we finally stop moving both Bob and Helen turn to us as he asks, "Is everybody okay back there?"

My seatbelt had let loose as I was now located on Vi lap as he was holding my waist as he says, "Super-duper, Dad!" Dash laughs, "Let's do that again." I then say holding onto Vi, "If we are going to keep doing this, I think we should find a better transportation to get us to the bad guys... maybe we should make a self-moving car." The adults smile at us as we then hear yelling and a crash right in front of us as we see the robot destroying the city. Bob then looks at Helen, "Wait here and stay hidden. I'm going in." Helen follows him out as we hear, "While what? I watch helplessly from the sidelines. I don't think so." "I'm asking you to wait with the kids." Dash, Vi, and I look at each other and nod as we look at the commotion by the door as Helen says, "And I'm telling you not a chance. You're my husband. I'm with you for better or worse." "I have to do this alone." "What is this to you? Playtime?" "No." "So you can be Mr. Incredible again?" "No!" "Then what?" "I'm not..." "Not what?" "I'm not strong enough." "Strong enough. This will make you stronger?" "Yes. No!" "That's what this is? Some sort of workout?" We watch as Bob picks Helen up, "I can't lose you again!"

He puts her down as he whispers something out to her with a sad feature on his face. The three of us looked at each other as Vi puts his hand on my shoulder as I grabbed it and squeezed it a bit for reassurance. We see them kiss as she then says, "If we work together, you won't have to be." "I don't know what'll happen." "We're superheroes. What can happen?" I felt something behind me as I look seeing the robot's claw coming down at us as I yell. Vi picks me up running with Dash out of the van before we got squished. Bob and Helen make it to the other side as the other claw stops us as I yelp. We could hear Helen scream, "Vi! Dash! Grace! No!" Before its claw comes down at us, I was quick to react as I created a force shield around us as the two boys looked at me. The robot used both of its claws hitting the shield doing nothing as we all looked wide eye at it as it then starts using its body to break down the shield. It knocks us down to the ground creating a crater as I fainted. I woke up in a daze with Vi holding me with Bob down with us holding up the robot as Helens arms wrap around us two with Dash running out. We are out from under the robot's body as Helen, Dash, and Vi run with carrying me as I gain more conscious of my surroundings.