Chapter 28

KYRA's POV
I woke up and walked out of Mitch's room. He was still asleep, so I guessed that Scott was too. I walked into the kitchen to make breakfast when I got a text from Noah.
Noah: WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?! KIRSTIE CALLED ME LAST NIGHT ASKING ABOUT WHERE YOU WERE!
Me: It's fine. I'm at Scott and Mitch's place.
Noah: You had me worried sick! Let me know next time you go missing!
Me: Will do! Gtg! I'm running to Starbucks and getting something to drink for Scott, Mitch, and I.
Noah: K! Ttyl!
I left Scott and Mitch a note, telling them that I had left for Starbucks. I got to Starbucks and ordered their favorite drinks and a S'mores Frappuccino for myself.
I was thinking when the barista said, "You look familiar. Do I know you from somewhere?"
"Have you heard of the A Capella group Pentatonix?" I asked her.
"Yeah!" She said, "I love them!"
"I'm Kevin's daughter!" I said, luckily there weren't to many people in the Starbucks at 5:45 am.
"Oh my gosh! Can we get a picture?" She asked.
"I guess," I said. This was the first time that I had been approached by a fan without anyone else there with me. We took a selfie and I picked up my drinks.
"Thank you!" I said as I walked out. The barista waved with a huge smile on her face. It was almost contagious.
I got back to the apartment and realized that I had no way of getting in. Then I remembered that Avi had picked up a key under the flower pot by the door. I checked and there was a key there. I unlocked the door and let myself in. Scott and Mitch were still asleep. It didn't surprise me though. It was 6:00.
I now know that Dad doesn't want me. I ran away yesterday morning and he still hasn't came to apologize. This thought brought me to tears. I sobbed, loudly, into my knees.
All of the sudden Scott comes out of his room, looking confused. Then he sees me crying. He comes over to me and hugs me. "He doesn't love me," I cried.
"Oh, Kyra," He said, "Yes he does. He, Avi, and Kirst called me at 3am, but I told them that you might want a little space."
"I don't need space," I said, "I need my dad."
Scott grabbed his phone and called Dad. "He'll be over here in 20 minutes," he said.
"You're the best, Scotty!" I said, "Oh, I almost forgot that I got you and Mitchie some Starbucks."
"Momma heard Starbuks," Mitch said, pushing Scott away from the fridge and grabbing his Starbucks, "Oooh! My favorite! Gracias, Kyra!" He's quite a character.
We drank out Starbucks. Suddenly the doorbell rang and I all but sprinted towards it and answered it. Dad was standing there. "I'm so sorry," I said, embracing him.
"No," he said, "I'm sorry. I overreacted. I regret every second of it."
"Awwwww," Mitch and Kirstie, who was standing with Avi on the porch, said in sync.
We all are breakfast together. I packed up my stuff, said "Thank You" to Scott and Mitch, and went home. It was hard to be mad at Dad. Exhausting, actually. And I know that exhaustion can get me into trouble.