❀ 𝐀 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐆𝐂 ❀

𝐀 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐆𝐂

The SGC (Strong Girls Club) was a group organized in 2018 by Summer (@/etherealeverafters) to, as she so eloquently put, "encourage, inspire, and uplift girls". They had many admins over the years who made great contributions to the community of 6.4 thousand followers by posting content that encourage, inspired, and uplifted girls. It became a home and a safe space for many, including myself. I was even a Strong Girls Club admin for a short period of time before I had to step down, but I always knew that their inbox was open.

Many girls waited for their motivational and inspirational announcements. Many girls scoured their sections for help or fun things to do.

Sadly, Summer shut down the Strong Girls Club in July of 2022 to focus on her dreams. The goodbyes were sad, and many, including myself, now have a small hole in our hearts as our safe place has seemingly vanished. Their inbox is closed, however several of the admins have shared that they will always be available on their personal accounts.

This is how The Feminist Chronicle began. We do not mean in anyway to mock or replace the Strong Girls Club, but to continue their legacy by helping young women who need a safe place. We will create content much like the Strong Girls Club with one goal in mind. This one goal can be displayed by two mottos: "encourage, inspire, and uplift girls", which was the Strong Girls Club motto, or our motto, "Come invited, leave ignited" a phrase coined by the lovely Jordan Lee Dooley for her podcast SHE.

We welcome anyone new to these types of accounts, and we want to welcome any former Strong Girls Club followers.

We sisters must stick together.

Thank you, Strong Girls Club, for being an inspiration to all of us. We love you, and we miss you.