one

I had to rewrite this because the other one felt so low effort and I hated it. Anyways senior year if Steve never got all of his character development and movies included a decent relationship at first before it went to shit. I break all the rules. Female OC. Yeah.

This is also only here because of elismohawk.

Dedications: elismohawk and iloverobinbuckley1

As far as trigger warnings go: language, angst, slut shaming, murder

im splitting this up for @elismohawk

**

Steve Harrington was it for many girls. The ones that went to his school and the ones that didn't. His name got around fairly well - and he knew it. Nearly every girl at Hawkins High was fawning over him, some from afar, and some from closer. Yet, they were all interested to some degree. Some, like Robin Buckley, wanted to be Steve Harrington, and others, like Jasmine Jones wanted to be with Steve Harrington (though she would never openly admit it to herself or anyone else).

Steve just had the qualities that teenage girls deemed fawn worthy. To name a few, he was conventionally attractive, popular, had enviable hair, charisma for weeks, and he was popular. Jasmine, in the midst of the stress and work that comes with well - high school - had spent her past four years crushing majorly on Steve. Behind everyone's backs.

See, the thing about Jasmine, was she wasn't exactly shouting her crush from the rooftops or openly flirting with Steve in the halls. She kept it hush hush with the hope that it would sometime go away, but alas, never did.

She couldn't even admit the truth to herself or her friends. Her truth being, in her own words, Steve Harrington is hot.

See, Jasmine believed and supported the idea that the secret feelings she was harboring for the Harrington boy was, if anything, a crush. It took her a year and a half to even admit any feeling was there to herself, so this was major progress for a while. Until, roughly two years later, she's not yet been able to admit that the feelings have developed any deeper.

She just had a crush. A proper schoolgirl crush - gawking from afar, drawing little hearts next to Steve's name, imagining how Jasmine Harrington would sound on his lips (she admitted, not good, but maybe actually hearing it would change her mind).

In the beginning, she genuinely believed that's all it was. A crush. At first.

That was, until Steve Harrington noticed her back - not quite gawking the same way she had, but pretty close.

**

Halloween was coming up which meant parties and drinking and costumes - but best of all, chill weather. Hawkins tended to get hot and it only felt worse because of the humidity. Jasmine hated dealing with it, and quite frankly, held her breath until this time of year.

As halloween neared, getting closer and closer with every passing day, the weather cooled. Just a bit chilly, cloudy, tiny breezes now and then. Not many could complain and, in Jasmine's books, nobody should have complained about the amazing weather.

The only thing that could have possibly made it better would have been rain, and Jasmine slightly hoped for it. She finished throwing on her light sweater, plenty prepared for the library, and started her journey to the school.