23

"Where's Vickie?" I ask her pulling away from the hug. "I'll tell you about that later too." She says wrapping her arm around my shoulder as we walk into the school. "Have you seen Eddie?" I ask as we walk to her locker.

"No, did something happen?" She says trying to get her locker open. "My dad happened." I say, really not wanting to talk about it.

"I'm sorry." She pulls me in for another hug. "I just wanna know he's okay." I say leaning against the lockers, my eyes looking at the floor. "I'm sure he's fine." She says closing her locker, grabbing my arm says we walk.

I drop her off at her class, then I go to mine, praying Eddie's there. He probably doesn't want to see me because of what happened.

I get to my class, looking at Eddie's empty seat I go and sit down. I wonder if he's just late? He's always is. Once class starts I cant even focus on what the teachers saying. Im to worried about Eddie to do school work.

Once 20 minutes go past, I hear the door handle shake. It has to be him, who else would it be?

It is him, you cant see his face because of his hoodie but I can recognize him off of his body. "Nice to finally show up Eddie." The teacher says counting with the lesson.

He walks over to his seat behind me, he still has his head positioned down and his hood covering his face. I don't say anything to him the whole class, it looks like he doesn't even want to look or talk to me.

Once the bell rings, he gets out of the classroom as fast as he could. I chase after him. He goes into a random classroom that no one uses anymore. I follow him in, closing the door behind me.

"Eddie, I'm sorr-." I try to say but he cuts me off. "Don't." He sounds sad but angry at the same time. "Take the hood off now." I say, stepping closer to him.

"I don't want too." He puts his hands on his face. "Please." I say grabbing his wrists. He pulls his hood down, his face covered in purple and red, his eye completely black. "Oh my god. I'm gonna kill that son of a bitc-." He kisses me, not letting me finish my sentence.

"Ur dads fucking crazy." He says pulling away. I cup my hands against his face softly, he makes small nosies from my hands touching his face. "I know." I say as he puts his hands around my waist pulling me closer to him.

"I was mad at first. But you know I can't stay mad at you." He says hugging me. If feel his hot breath on the side of my neck, his hands on my lower back.

"I love you." He whispers in my ear. "I love you too." I say making eye contact with him and smiling.

He grabs my face and gives me a quick kiss before he bolts out of the classroom.

We're okay then, he doesn't care about what happened with my dad. Or with everyone else, right? I'm just overthinking, that's what I do.

The next few classes go by slowly. But now it's lunch, the best time of the day. I get there and see Robin sitting there by herself. I sit down in front of her, "Tell me what happened with Vickie." I say grabbing my sandwich out of my bag and starting to eat it.

"We hung out yesterday after school, at my house. We always watch a movie and just hangout and talk. I randomly and stupidly kissed her. She kissed back which was surprising. She said she had to go right after that. And now my love life is ruined!" She says out of breath.

"She's probably confused, that's all." I say taking a bite of my sandwich.

"Enough about me, what about Eddie and You? Something obviously happened. Just look at his face! And you and him left for 2 days!" She throws her hands in the air.

"We just left, his uncle has this other trailer right outside Hawkins, it's for his work. We just stayed there. It was great, we had lots of fun. But once we got back.." I say explaining to her the rest of the horrible story.

"Ur dads crazy! What's wrong with him?" She says grabbing my sandwich and taking a bite. "I have no clue." I say, letting out a big sigh.

"Everything's so fucked up recently, I almost broke up with him. But I couldn't." I say grabbing my water bottle. "I just don't know if it's good for me to be in this type of relationship right now, I make his life way worse and it's jus-."

"Steve.." She's says looking at something behind me.

Shit.

"Why didn't you do it?" Eddie says standing behind me. "Because I knew I'd lose you if I did." I turn around, now facing him.

"I'm glad you didn't." He says grabbing my face, kissing me. I kiss back, not even caring if the whole school can see us.

He pulls away, walking back to his table, smiling at me. He trips on something and falls, "I'm good." He gets up and fix's his hair. All of his friends laughing, so are me and Robin.

Why did I think he was gonna break up with me?

He should have.

Shut up.

You know I'm only telling you what ur thinking.

I just want to smack my own head against a wall right now. Why am I like this?