The Surprise

The next few days flew by in a flash, every morning you were woken up by the smell of fresh coffee and a tray of breakfast placed on the bed next to you. Clint would leave to go to work and you would have a few hours before the 'Home visit' from the doctor. He would check on you and the baby before trying to convince you to take the time off work, and every time you would just shake your head no.

Your phone vibrates on the bed next to you and you reach over and pick it up to see that picture of you and Nat on Ellis Island, putting a smile on your face.

"Hey Nat, what's up?" You we happy to hear her cheerful voice.

"Hey there, how are you feeling?" You could hear the sounds of the trainees behind her. They must have been in the middle of a training session.

"I'm fine, a little stir crazy, but other than that no issues." You place the phone on speaker and set it on your chest as you pull out your laptop to check emails for work.

"Well, that's why I'm calling. Do you feel like blowing this Popsicle stand with me?" There was a slight giggle in her voice.

"YES! PLEASE!!! Wait? How? I'm on bed rest till tomorrow." You were already jumping out of bed thinking about pulling on some clothes, seeing as you were only wearing one of Clint's tee shirts.

"Ok, but we have to get around Tony and the rest of the team. Do you trust me?" She sounded like she was concocting a plan that would get not only you but also her in trouble as well. "So, get dressed and meet me on the common room balcony in 15 minutes." With that the line went dead.

You race over to the closet and pull out some jeans and a black tee. You step over to the mirror and toss your hair up into a ponytail. You slip on your sneakers and head for the door. Peaking out into the hallway you notice the coast is clear as you make a b-line for the elevator.

Racing out of the elevator as it reaches the floor to the common room you run straight into Wanda.

"Whoa! Slower Y/N. Hey, aren't you supposed to be on bed rest?" She grabs your right hand and pulls you closer.

"Yeah, I'm just getting some fresh air is all." You pull against her grasp.

"You do know I can read minds right?" She raises an eyebrow at you.

"Ok, ok, Nat is taking me somewhere but she wont tell me where." You look at her with a pleading stare. You knew how close she and Clint had become over the past year or so. He was always protective over her and felt a sense of obligation since what happened to her brother.

"Please Wanda? I need to get out for a little bit. I promise I wont do anything stupid." You give her the best pouty look you could muster. "And please don't tell Clint!"

She lets your arm go as you bolt past her heading toward the balcony. You stand out in the sun soaking it in. It felt amazing to be outside again. You hear the roar of an engine as the Quinjet hovers over by the ledge. The back hatch opens and Natasha was standing there with her arm outstretched toward you.

"Come on, hurry!" She yells at you.

You grab her hand and jump into the jet taking a seat in one of the chairs to the right. "Ok so where are we going now?"

"It's a surprise" She sits down next to you placing her hand over yours.

Twenty minutes go by and the pilot informs the two of you that he was about to land. You lean forward and look out the front window of the jet, nothing but trees and open farmland all around. Why would you be there? This is weird but you trusted Natasha to not put you into anything harmful. The jet lands and the two of you walk out the back as she pulls you down the hill exposing this quaint farm at the base. The house with the big porch, the matching barn, this was like something out of your dreams.