chapter 1: Visitor

Konoha was typically a peaceful village, full of kind hearted villagers that would give you the shirt off their backs. Lights and streamers connected buildings and music filled the air.

Of course the villagers would be celebrating and drinking the night away, it was the anniversary of the night their very own hero gave his life to save the village from a terrible monster. Many celebrated, and many grieved, some even switched back and forth between the two opposing emotions.

That night should have been more peaceful for the villagers, and for most it was.

Unfortunately for our young hero, he was not most villagers.

"There he is!" "Get him!" The voices of a few men called angrily as they chased a small boy through the crowded streets.

The boy was fast though, slipping past villagers, ducking between legs, and vaulting over merchants carts.

He was thin, and extremely agile for his age, his blonde hair a mess upon his head and blue eyes that'd seen more of the darkness in men than he should've but were still bright with mischief and even hope.

That's when something happened that would forever change Konoha forever.

"OPEN."

Such a simple word forced the very air to crack and a blue portal forced its way open from nothing.

A man tumbled out and spun back, aiming his hand at the portal, "CLOSE."

The portal snapped shut just as a creature had gotten halfway through, cutting it clean in half.

The man relaxed then, breathing heavily and ran an unnaturally white hand through his dark hair.

He was bleeding from several cuts, and his human arm was dark with bruises and his bone was obviously broken.

He looked around at the staring villagers and waved, smiling slightly. He pulled a gold coin from his coat and waved it over the bisected creature, the creature vanished with a flicker and the man started dusting himself off, only for our blonde hero to run right into his path and keep going, lest he be caught by one of the drunks.

The man moved. Quicker than the wind and caught the boy by the orange jacket, only for him to slip it off and keep going.

The man held the jacket thoughtfully before grabbing one of the drunks, "Excuse me, why do you chase the boy? Is he a thief?"

"Ha! It'd be great if that's all he was, the brats a demon!" The man yelled, trying to wrench free of the visitor's iron-like grip.

The visitor's face was hard, a mask of unshakable determination and anger, but the man released his grip. "Apologies," then looked back for a moment before shaking his head, "I have need of-,"

The tip of a short tanto sword touched his neck as three people in matching dark uniforms appeared around him wearing masks.

The visitor smiled, though his face didn't move, "-your city authority figures. Can you three take me?"

The masked man in front of him nodded, "The hokage requests your presence in his office. You created a spatial anomaly and he has ordered you be detained until further notice."

The visitor nodded at that, "Apologies if I've committed some offense, I'll be happy to come with you... provided you go grab that fleeing child and get him away from the villagers chasing him."

The masked men exchanged a look, before the visitor spoke again, "I can do it, if you can't."

The visitor felt their emotions spike at that, and the one to his left vanished, "Gratitude."

_______________________

Hiruzen was tired, and quite honestly too old to be dealing with this.

First, civilians harassed Naruto, yet again, for something he had no control over, then a stranger sets off the villages security seal field around the village by using some type of space time jutsu to just pop into the market during a celebration. Finally, the man in front of him was obviously a foreigner, but not from one of the ninja villages.

His purple robes were obviously of noble stature, but built for combat, as was the man.

Several inches taller than himself and thick with powerful muscle, his left arm was an eerie white from the elbow down that looked slightly boney-er than his other arm.

The man pressed his fists together and bowed at the waist to Hiruzen for a moment, "Greetings Hokage, I am the Sage of the Hollow Dragon, Simon Arelius, from the Blackflame Empire. Can you tell me if you have noticed a rise in dreadbeasts here?"

Hiruzen blinked like an owl, "I... I unfortunately do not know what those things are. Can you elaborate?"

Simon cocked his head slightly, "A dreadbeast? A monsterconprised of corrupted madra that feeds on the madra of others."

Hiruzen had no idea what to make of this, so he drew his pipe and lit it, "Tell me more."